Join for free
Page 5 of 19 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2020, 08:37 AM

Re: Wonderful News! (Vaccination trials successful)

If its approved l hope no-one orders the Wuhan vaccine..they should be giving it away free!!! Or at the very least with no profit involved.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2020, 11:12 AM

The ‘I told you so’ male old fogeys on here would have a field day if it did live up to expectations
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2020, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
The ‘I told you so’ male old fogeys on here would have a field day if it did live up to expectations
Ha Ha!

Very True, Vlad!

Some Jeremiahs don't understand that, in a situation where there seems to be no escape from sickness & despair, the mere scent of a fix can be a massive tonic.

It works for me.

Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2020, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Ha Ha!

Very True, Vlad!

Some Jeremiahs don't understand that, in a situation where there seems to be no escape from sickness & despair, the mere scent of a fix can be a massive tonic.

It works for me.

And me Ted
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2020, 12:13 PM

Some Jeremiahs don't understand that, in a situation where there seems to be no escape from sickness & despair, the mere "scent of a fix" can be a massive tonic.

It works for me.

IMO, "scents of fixes" are for the gullible .....

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/h...-b1719683.html

Life in the UK will start returning to normal by spring next year, a scientific advisor to the government has said, after early trial data from the pharmaceutical firms Pfizer and BioNTech indicated their coronavirus vaccine is 90 per cent effective.

“I’m probably the first guy to say that but I will say that with some confidence,” said professor Sir John Bell, a member of the government’s Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies.

Prof Bell, who is regius professor of medicine at Oxford University, said the results of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine suggested it was likely other candidates would also be effective.
He would say that wouln't he ..... he's got vested interests

Bell has been a non-executive director of Roche since 2001. According to Roche's 2011 financial report, John Bell has received 390,000 Swiss Francs (£260,450) a year* for his role on the board of directors.

Bell serves on the Genentech Board in San Francisco, and formerly served on the scientific advisory board of AstraZeneca (1997–2000). He was the founding director of three biotechnology companies, including Oxagen, Avidex, and Powderject and is also on the Board of Atopix.

He has dozens of other governmental and charitable interests around the world, which if he only claimed expenses, would make him a millionaire many times over .....
* What do Roche and its shareholders expect for this level of involvement and remuneration?

Bell was selected to the Vaccine Taskforce sometime before 1 July 2020.

Coincidentally, his boss has just been "sacked":

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-h...-cases-deaths/

The head of the Government's vaccines taskforce is expected to leave her post at the end of the year after it emerged that officials had spent hundreds of thousands of pounds of taxpayers' money on PR experts to support her work.

Boris Johnson appointed Kate Bingham as Chair of the Government's Vaccine Taskforce in May, during the peak of the first coronavirus wave.
At the weekend, the Sunday Times reported that Ms Bingham, a former venture capitalist and the wife of the Conservative minister Jesse Norman, had used eight full-time consultants from Admiral Associates, a London PR agency, to oversee her media strategy.

According to documents, £500,000 on has already been spent on the team, which is contracted until the end of the year, equating, eventually, to £167,000 a year for each consultant.
Vlad
West Midlands UK

10-11-2020, 12:16 PM

I nodded off after the first para.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2020, 12:59 PM

You lot try the vaccine, and if in a years time you haven't grown two heads or a third eye, I might give it a go....

It was in a BBC news item a few weeks ago that suggested that people who had contracted the disease and recovered, only remained resistant for a few months......Due to the fact that a vaccine works in the same way as catching covid to provide antibodies to repel the disease the next time, you will need to administer the vaccine every few months to avoid catching it again.....

A bit like your annual flu jab, as the virus mutates, and requires a modification of the vaccine, but every three months instead of twelve.... Darts anyone?
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2020, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
I nodded off after the first para.
Our paper lad doesn't ever seem to have a positive view.

Maybe the Jeremiahs should refuse the vaccine.

I shall continue to be cheerful, about it, until I hear otherwise.

p.s. I'm old enough not to need anyone, who thinks that they have the divine right, to tell me to be careful what I think.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2020, 01:46 PM

p.s. I'm old enough not to need anyone, who thinks that they have the divine right, to tell me to be careful.

Vlad
West Midlands UK

10-11-2020, 01:49 PM

Our paper lad doesn't ever seem to have a positive view.

Maybe the Jeremiahs should refuse the vaccine.

p.s. I'm old enough not to need anyone, who thinks that they have the divine right, to tell me to be careful what I think.
‘ our paper lad’
Excellent post! and I agree wholeheartedly with your viewpoint.

Page 5 of 19 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top