Join for free
Page 9 of 11 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 >
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 09:26 PM

Re: Second Referendum etc.

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->

Solasch was so overcome after the UK left the EU that he ate his gun.
Could be, but as I explained before, the UK will never leave 😏
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Remember the old Latin saying:

Fukkum Lottovum......
The old ones are the best.
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2019, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Could be, but as I explained before, the UK will never leave 😏
. . or if it does, it will be on terms that are so indistinguishable from being in the EU that the whole wretched enterprise will be seen to have been a pointless waste of time.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2019, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by OldFogey ->
Brexit may not be "just about the economics", but a result of Brexit will be that the working-class people who voted for it as a protest vote for being ignored and "austerity-ised" will be hurt most by it. It will not affect the parliamentary monkeys supporting it - the Cash's, the Redwood's, the Fox's and (most definitely not) the truly awful Rees-Mogg's.

We do indeed have a very different system here to that on the Continent: it is traditionally class-based and combative rather than co-operative and consensual - and "grown-up"!

You are damned right that Brexit "will hurt for some time" - agriculture will be ruined (especially in Northern Ireland), small businesses ditto, big businesses hardly less so - everyone - and I mean just about everyone - in business, trade, finance & commerce has said so and keeps on saying so. It is not "Project Fear"; it is what will happen, and we are hearing it straight from the horse's mouth - and from "natural Tories" to boot.

The end result will not be better for "us" - by which I presume you mean people who reside in the UK (which will itself come unglued as a result of all this BS). It will take years to set up new trade deals, political alliances, law-enforcement and intelligence-sharing networks, and so on. And at the end of all that, a new generation will probably want another referendum and reverse the whole damn thing anyway.

And, yes, we know the EU is "far from perfect" - what political structure ever was "perfect"? But to be out of it is to lose what influence we have, to pull up the drawbridge and play silly buggers little Englanders.

Brexit is, in short, nothing more than a Tory vanity dream, not one aspect of which will go towards solving the problems of the "17.4 million" who voted for it.

No wonder we're now the laughing-stock of Europe.

Jesus Christ! Any more bright ideas?
O.F. what a great post, putting things in to great perspective and recognising reality, some thing that brexit posters on here seem to be incapable of doing.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2019, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
O.F. what a great post, putting things in to great perspective and recognising reality, some thing that brexit posters on here seem to be incapable of doing.
Hi it is me, have you forgotten to post your prayer
today?

Regards Donkeyman!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2019, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
today?

Regards Donkeyman!

Ha ha
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2019, 01:57 PM

today?

Regards Donkeyman!
Oh father, forgive them, for they don't know what they are saying!
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 10:02 AM

today?

Regards Donkeyman!
And some fell on stony ground.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
There is a huge difference between 2 choices of Leave and Remain 52/48 per cent and Nigel getting 27% of the vote between the Brexit Party, the Tories, Labour, Libdems, the Green Party, Plaid Cymru,The Independent Party and Ukip - 8 parties unless I’ve forgotten any.

I would say that the Brexit Party 27%, Labour 22% and the Tories 15%, shows that his party which was only registered two months ago, and only going since two weeks ago, is proof enough that if we take part in the EU elections, his party will romp home.

And as he says, if they do not take place, two party politics is as good as dead here anyway. There will be some shocks at the next general election.
Signs that they (MPs) are just beginning to realise!

In the DT, today, a Tory MP is howling that there will be Brexit backing MP's (those in very marginal seats) who will lose their seats, in any forthcoming GE, and it will be down to the public if that results in the other Party getting the power.

Also, he says, the act of being made to vote people into the EU MEP positions will hurt everyone.

You have to ask why it's taken so long for the penny to drop!

Meanwhile, the MPs remain (right word?) on holiday even whilst the brown stuff is hitting the fan!

Shame, who do the public think they are?

But, at least the telegraph has listed the marginal MPs by what they backed since the referendum - and guess which of the two groups is likely to lose most seats - yes, Remainers!

Perhaps the public does know what it wanted.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
And some fell on stony ground.
Much of the "Stony Ground" is in the big cities.

But there is much more, out there in there UK, where the ground is soft & fertile.

That's where new ideas can develop and grow.

That's where the real people are.

That's where the true Brits are!

Page 9 of 11 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top