Join for free
Page 22 of 40 « First < 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 11:49 PM

Re: Flexible extension???

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
You are utterly clueless as to what Novating an agreement or contract entails. Novation requires replacing one party of an agreement or contract with another an in the process the agreement lie contract with The original party is terminated.

If you think the EU or the countries the EU has trade agreement with are going to novate those agreement fro the EU to the UK your as mad as a box of frogs

Anyone can search past posts and find we’ve been through all this before and it was explained to you then. I deal with contract and legal agreements on a daily basis and have novated contracts to other parties on a number of occasions and not only do you opine on subjects you know nothing about save what you’ve read on fake news alt right web sites you habitually tell lies and have been pulled up for doing so by others as well as me numerous times.

Your only saving grace is that you and your opinions have become an endless source of amusement fora couple of my colleagues who read the Brexit threads

We are leaving the EU

We cannot retain our existing trade treaties ...

We need to roll them over to new ones... even if they are on the same terms (in terms if tariff etc)

So we novate them and roll them over

Simple enough????
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2019, 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
We are leaving the EU

We need to roll them over to new ones... even if they are on the same terms (in terms if tariff etc)

Simple enough????
Hi

Nope, the other parties have to agree.

Liam Fox promised that they would all be done by Brexit Day, in reality 86% of them have not been done because the other party has not agreed.

Not only have they not agreed but formal complaints have been made to the WTO.

Complaints can be made by any WTO member, even if they are a direct party.

The USA has made a complaint even though it is not involved.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2019, 06:57 AM

We are leaving the EU

Simple enough????
We are party to them but they are not our trade treaties

If you understood novation you would know that we cannot novate them.

We can roll them over and sign them as a new treaty if the other party are willing to agree to the same or very similar terms

As we will be in much weaker negotiating position we may not get as favourable terms as we currently have. Japan has already stated as much and the few commitments Liam Fox has managed to garner are a for cry from what was promised as it was a Unicorn from the start
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2019, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
We are party to them but they are not our trade treaties

If you understood novation you would know that we cannot novate them.

We can roll them over and sign them as a new treaty if the other party are willing to agree to the same or very similar terms

As we will be in much weaker negotiating position we may not get as favourable terms as we currently have. Japan has already stated as much and the few commitments Liam Fox has managed to garner are a for cry from what was promised as it was a Unicorn from the start

Ofcourse the other side need to agree ... I never said they didn't.....

Look at Gatt Article 24 that's basically how that works.

Besides ...these EU FTAs with countries like Japan were made with huge contributions from Britain such as pharma, finance, financial technology and security as part of those deals. When we leave these FTAs change and Japan, Canada and Singapore will most likely want to renegotiate them with the EU because they can get our stuff directly from us instead which is a huge chunk of their deals.

Expect businesses to relocate to the UK after Brexit
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2019, 08:27 AM

Hi

Really?

Are you accepting that your posts are completely wrong?

When we leave, we have absolutely no access to the Single Market in Financial Services, our biggest earner.

That is why the Banks here are moving to the EU.

We will have compliance with EU Rules until the day we leave.

After that we do not.

We will have no access to the Single Market.

That is one of our Red Lines, we will not be subject to ECJ Rulings.

It is naff all to do with tariffs as you claim.

We will no longer be able to have International Banks here trading as part of the EU.

They will have to move Trading to the EU, which means tax is paid there, not in the UK.

It does not mean huge job losses here, it does mean a huge amount of Tax not being paid here but being paid in the EU.

They are on a winner.

What part of this do you not understand?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2019, 11:29 AM

I'm fed up with hearing the Project Fear wallahs assuring us that we can't leave the EU or that we can't survive if we leave.

Why can't we leave? Why can't we survive?

Why not just leave - now - and see what actually happens? Don't try to tell us we can't; give it a few years and let us see whether you were right.

Don't tell me that if we leave the EU no other nations will want to trade with us, be it for goods or for services. Where is the evidence for that supposition?

We are consumers who will buy anything at the right price.
We are producers who can produce some things that others cannot compete with: for example, the best aero engines, the best universities (at least some of them!), the best financiers.

I'm sick and tired of defeatists telling us that we can't.
Yes, we can.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2019, 12:07 PM

Besides ...these EU FTAs with countries like Japan were made with huge contributions from Britain such as pharma, finance, financial technology and security as part of those deals. When we leave these FTAs change and Japan, Canada and Singapore will most likely want to renegotiate them with the EU because they can get our stuff directly from us instead which is a huge chunk of their deals.

Expect businesses to relocate to the UK after Brexit
GATT Article 24 offers no credible solution and legal experts in trade agreements have dismissed it as a red herring

Japan has recently signed up to a trade deal in the knowledge that the UK is leaving so no they won’t be renegotiating and there is no reason to expect that any other countries will either. The UK leaving the E.U. removes the principal impediment to an EU FTA with India

What evidence is there that businesses will be relocating to the UK after Brexit or is it just another thing you just made up?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

19-04-2019, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Really?

Are you accepting that your posts are completely wrong?

When we leave, we have absolutely no access to the Single Market in Financial Services, our biggest earner.

That is why the Banks here are moving to the EU.

We will have compliance with EU Rules until the day we leave.

After that we do not.

We will have no access to the Single Market.

That is one of our Red Lines, we will not be subject to ECJ Rulings.

It is naff all to do with tariffs as you claim.

We will no longer be able to have International Banks here trading as part of the EU.

They will have to move Trading to the EU, which means tax is paid there, not in the UK.

It does not mean huge job losses here, it does mean a huge amount of Tax not being paid here but being paid in the EU.

They are on a winner.

What part of this do you not understand?

That's the same clap trap that Deutsche bank ended up apologising over.

The banks were threatening to leave in 2017 because they thought Corbyn might get in ... nothing to do with Brexit.

The banks are still here go look for yourself..
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

19-04-2019, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
I do know the difference between pie in the sky drivel which has been (like your posts) shot down in flames on many occasions, and REALITY.

The trouble is your tribe is about to bring this country in to such a blitz of shit that by their own assessment will leave it a nonentity in the world.

Well, no that's not true at all.

Your problem is that you have given up on politics and having a say on society and instead prefer to take it right up the arse from your unelected masters in brussels. You cant blame me for the way you feel and your apathy in making any effort into forming your own decisions and instead preferring to google up other peoples opinions and regurgitate them on here and pretend that they are your own.

I on the other hand voted to leave that corrupt bag of dog shit and instead govern our own country on our own. I was a long time remainer until a few years ago, but changed my mind after researching our EU membership, history and what the likely outcome is for our future if we remain.

But if you feel that strong about your unelected masters then run as an MP and get elected.. that's how democracy works.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2019, 06:59 PM

Well, no that's not true at all.

Your problem is that you have given up on politics and having a say on society and instead prefer to take it right up the arse from your unelected masters in brussels. You cant blame me for the way you feel and your apathy in making any effort into forming your own decisions and instead preferring to google up other peoples opinions and regurgitate them on here and pretend that they are your own.

I on the other hand voted to leave that corrupt bag of dog shit and instead govern our own country on our own. I was a long time remainer until a few years ago, but changed my mind after researching our EU membership, history and what the likely outcome is for our future if we remain.

But if you feel that strong about your unelected masters then run as an MP and get elected.. that's how democracy works.
I agree with Bread....

Page 22 of 40 « First < 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top