Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2013, 10:08 AM

Has anyone got ....?

Two questions....
Has anyone got - a high rise loo (taller than the norm) Due to a degenerative back condition, I am considering changing to one of this type.
Aslo, has anyone got a frost free freezer, are they reliable...?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2013, 10:49 AM

Re: Has anyone got ....?

We used to have a special high rise seat for the loo for my Dad, worked well but only for him, rest of us had to remove it to use the loo, seems a body needs to be in a certain position to pass solids easily. (TRYING NOT TO BE TOO GRAPHIC LOL).
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2013, 10:50 AM

Hi Pats I have seen the tall loos on TV, they look great.

Re the frost free freezer, I have had my existing Bosch freezer for almost 20 years so haven't bought one recently. My sister has and was shocked to find it wouldn't work because her utility room was too cold apparently all freezers now have a climate class.
http://www.which.co.uk/home-and-gard...res-explained/

I am not sure I would want a frost free freezer if they dry out the food and you can't pack food tightly.

I have got defrosting my freezer to a fine art and can do the whole thing and clean it in an hour. I do it every couple of months before it get frosted up . (it is an upright with 4 draws)
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2013, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Pats I have seen the tall loos on TV, they look great.

Re the frost free freezer, I have had my existing Bosch freezer for almost 20 years so haven't bought one recently. My sister has and was shocked to find it wouldn't work because her utility room was too cold apparently all freezers now have a climate class.
http://www.which.co.uk/home-and-gard...res-explained/

I am not sure I would want a frost free freezer if they dry out the food and you can't pack food tightly.

I have got defrosting my freezer to a fine art and can do the whole thing and clean it in an hour. I do it every couple of months before it get frosted up . (it is an upright with 4 draws)
'we' defrost every 3 months - I like to think ahead Meg, if it comes I am left on my own, I wouldn't be able to manage the freezer, for one thing I would be unable to get up once down - its a worry, thought the frost free may be the answer...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

09-03-2013, 11:10 AM

Julie.....Oh Gawd....
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2013, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Julie.....Oh Gawd....

Pat darlin' - like Julie I too have raised toilet seat (it is detachable) and a frame around the toilet too to make rising that much easier (it has arm rests).
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

09-03-2013, 05:57 PM

No good for me Joe - bathroom way too small....
Uncle Mo
Hitchin Hertfordshire UK
Uncle Mo is male  Uncle Mo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2013, 09:59 PM

We have a very large 6ft tall 7 cu. ft Frost Free BEKO freezer, and matching fridge side by side; just over 2 years old a brilliant pair. The freezer stays frost free, it defrosts itself automatically. Recommend them, the pair cost £750.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2013, 12:25 AM

We had a high toilet seat installed for my mom and also a Super Pole: (this is a stock photo, not her actual bathroom)

The horizontal bar on the pole can be moved and clicked in place at increments all the way around so she would pull herself to standing with it and swing round to transfer into her wheelchair. The toilet height worked quite well for her.
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2013, 11:18 AM

We had the bath taken out and nonslip floors put in when my OH first became unwell and we also have a toilet raiser ,it's a frame that fits around the loo and it has arms to help you up plus we've got grab rails around the place too. I try not to have to use public loos when out shopping as I feel like I'm sitting on the floor cos I've got used to using the high rise much better I reckon and we have side by side Fisher and Pykel fridge/freezer which is self defrost, marvellous , it's 8yrs old now ,never a problem, just wipe it out with a damp cloth occasionally and it's still like new

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top