Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2013, 02:19 PM

Re: Browsing Fee

Oh yes, that's funny actually M&M 'cos one of my favourite columnists in our Sunday paper was recently lamenting the closure of a bookshop in town where in his words " i'd wonder in with my cardboard coffee and while away the time browsing thru' the shelves, reading snippets here and there, oh what a shame it's gone" lol.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2013, 02:29 AM

The health food/organic food shop I go to has a very knowledgeable owner and I enjoy talking with her. Her stock is not priced much higher than the grocery store on items like tea or rice flour, and I like that I can buy a few tablespoons of herbs or spices instead of a larger package. She rotates stock and I think her bulk foods are fresher too. She's willing to source and bring in items that her customers like and can't find. I like shopping there, but if she suddenly decided to charge a browsing fee I wouldn't go back.
mari41
Wynyard. Tasmania
mari41 is female  mari41 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2013, 05:30 AM

I also don't think this lady is being very business savvy. The fee quoted was $5 and she did say it would be taken off anything purchased but I still think it is a bit of a cheek.
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2013, 05:44 AM

If they set up business near a supermarket I s'pose they have try just that little bit harder to make people buy from them I guess

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top