Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
mindbender
Broome, western australia
mindbender is male 

02-04-2013, 01:16 PM

Re: An Easter Message

What is so special about all of them - buddhism - islam - judaism - christianity - hinduism - stack them up against each other and see which offers the best options.

buddhism first - says you can get there [where? - nirvana ? - where? don't know - somewhere there!] on your own steam (are well almost but hand on a bit must follow the way of the buddha) which buddha - well they've split him {yes sorry ladies it was a him not a her} into different sects - depending whether you want to worship in Thailand, Tibet, Korea, Japan or Ceylon!

Hinduism - ah the religion of many Gods - elephant gods, tree gods, monkey gods to name but a few

Islam - recognizes Christ as a great prophet and reverse him but reckon Muhammed was better and more violent - read the Koran and the instructions to kill non-Muslims and it goes on today - the Muslims revere Abraham but there forefather was Ishmael the illegitimate son of Abraham who was cast out into the desert with his mother to survive and produce a great nation who's brother and cousins would fight for evermore - don't believe me then check your scriptures

Judiasm - renounced Christ as a charlatan and sold him to Barabas to be crucified - didn't accept a man who had originated from the house of David a good Jewish family strain

christianity - a religion that has survived thousands of years and still inspires people to do many good works from abolishing slavery to caring for the poor in Calcutta. A religion that world wide has shown more good deeds and works than all the other put together. A religion that has transgressed cultures and countries and still offer more happiness and hope to many than all the others put together.

offer me something better and I will listen carefully
mindbender
mindbender is male 

02-04-2013, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Davo - you've met Willow - have you.....
probably in another life!!.........
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2013, 01:19 PM

You could be right.....
mindbender
mindbender is male 

02-04-2013, 01:22 PM

there were many lovely ladies I met in my former lives and lost them all along the way!!!!!!!!!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2013, 01:29 PM

Theres only one answer to that.....You've not met that 'soul mate' yet Gotta keep looking Davo.....
mindbender
mindbender is male 

02-04-2013, 02:21 PM

yep!!!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

02-04-2013, 03:48 PM

Then again - 'she' may be waiting for ya - 'up there'....
mindbender
mindbender is male 

02-04-2013, 06:15 PM

yep!!!!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

02-04-2013, 06:40 PM

Hey Davo - you sound like Robert Mitcham - on 'Parky' that time....'Yep'...
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2013, 10:46 PM

[QUOTE=mindbender;258376]What is so special about all of them - buddhism - islam - judaism - christianity - hinduism - stack them up against each other and see which offers the best options.

buddhism first - says you can get there [where? - nirvana ? - where? don't know - somewhere there!] on your own steam (are well almost but hand on a bit must follow the way of the buddha) which buddha - well they've split him {yes sorry ladies it was a him not a her} into different sects - depending whether you want to worship in Thailand, Tibet, Korea, Japan or Ceylon!

Hinduism - ah the religion of many Gods - elephant gods, tree gods, monkey gods to name but a few

Islam - recognizes Christ as a great prophet and reverse him but reckon Muhammed was better and more violent - read the Koran and the instructions to kill non-Muslims and it goes on today - the Muslims revere Abraham but there forefather was Ishmael the illegitimate son of Abraham who was cast out into the desert with his mother to survive and produce a great nation who's brother and cousins would fight for evermore - don't believe me then check your scriptures

Judiasm - renounced Christ as a charlatan and sold him to Barabas to be crucified - didn't accept a man who had originated from the house of David a good Jewish family strain

christianity - a religion that has survived thousands of years and still inspires people to do many good works from abolishing slavery to caring for the poor in Calcutta. A religion that world wide has shown more good deeds and works than all the other put together. A religion that has transgressed cultures and countries and still offer more happiness and hope to many than all the others put together.

offer me something better and I will listen carefully[/QUOTE

Perm any two from five, there are many with ensconced belief, and any with such strong conviction cannot be written off as fools, maybe there are many paths to the same destination

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top