Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2009, 12:40 AM

Re: How can we make this site better?

Yes Tula & Reg are horrified to have their pictures in 'Pets' lol
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2009, 07:37 PM

Some good ideas guys

We can certainly look at expanding the sections as we get busier/when they fill up.

A good way to see which sections might need expanding is by seeing how popular they are. If they get full up too quick it usually indicates that a sub-section can be created
Flamingo
Montagnac, Herault, France
Flamingo is female  Flamingo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2009, 09:36 PM

Its already brill Azz but will give this some thought.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2009, 09:52 PM

I think it is a great board. Some of the suggestions made here are good as well
Pidge
New Member!
Oxfordshire
Pidge is female 

15-12-2009, 04:32 PM

I think there's a certain sense of irony in new members having the status ''junior member''. Perhaps it should be - ''senior citizen'', ''Zimmerframe owner'' and ''over the hill'' or something...?

Also, I like the setting on Dogsey where when you get an email notification that a reply has been made to a thread you've posted in, you click on the link and it remembers the post you last read, to save scrolling through them all.
fuzzy finker
Kent, UK
fuzzy finker is male  fuzzy finker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2009, 04:37 PM

Well, I'd just like to say that the site has improved no end today with the arrival of a lot of effs - meself ff and FF - this place is just about complete!
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2009, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Pidge ->
I think there's a certain sense of irony in new members having the status ''junior member''. Perhaps it should be - ''senior citizen'', ''Zimmerframe owner'' and ''over the hill'' or something...?

I think a suitable label for the FF arrivals would be crumbly working up to wrinkly.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2009, 04:51 PM

Ok re the ranks I have temporarily changed them to:

0 - 20 posts: New Member! (was Junior member)
20 - 100 posts: Member
100+ posts: Senior Member

Just until we can think of better ones

Originally Posted by fuzzy finker ->
Well, I'd just like to say that the site has improved no end today with the arrival of a lot of effs - meself ff and FF - this place is just about complete!
Good job f'ing and blind'ing didn't join

Originally Posted by Pidge ->
Also, I like the setting on Dogsey where when you get an email notification that a reply has been made to a thread you've posted in, you click on the link and it remembers the post you last read, to save scrolling through them all.
You should be getting reply notifications here too Pidge :-/ Go to thread tools to subscribe and see what yours is set to, or have a look at your Default Thread Subscription Mode settings on the edit options page.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2009, 05:01 PM

I had just mentioned on another thread that I haven't been a Junior anything in years and I quite liked it.
Flamingo
Montagnac, Herault, France
Flamingo is female  Flamingo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2009, 07:50 PM

Locally to us, two women have established a website whereby people can donate freely and equally obtain freely anything which the owners don't want anymore. It is very much based on a give and take basis - you are not expected just to be a 'taker'. Most of us have unwanted items which other people could well be interested in and vice versa.

A bit difficult for this site but maybe there could be 'groupings' of local areas so that people can collect and/or swap.

The site I am referring to is in France and it is www.c'estgratuit.org (the site is in English).

I have given and gained some excellent items i.e. a brand new (still wrapped in the original polythene bag), 'airline hand baggage' size case with a retractable handle and wheels. Brill.

I have also got some nice jewellery, ornaments etc.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top