Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2009, 09:51 AM

Well, it's Wednesday

Good morning! A frosty one here but dry, which is a big improvement on yesterday, which turned out cold, dull and drizzly all day. Yukky. We didn't venture out, so the dog and I are looking forward to going for our usual tramp in the woods (poor old bugha - you'd think he's learn to avoid us by now!) before we go stir crazy.
First day of the first test in South Africa and Graeme Smith was out, caught behind straight away! Woo-hoo! 1 for 1 at that stage, now 15 for 1. I hope I'm not crowing too soon.

Have a good day everyone - don't stress about you-know-what

Edit9.30 and all's well. I don't think the day is going to get any better so ... watch out tramp; here we come! See you all later
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2009, 11:21 AM

Re: Well, it's Wednesday

Morning Dinahsmum and Everyone It is quite bright up here but damp underfoot. Hope you enjoy your tramp thru' the woods! My friend took Loki and I to the RSPB at Lochwinnoch yesterday and I got to take Loki around the Loch and it was great, although underfoot was mucky! Loki got her white paws dirty, which she didn't like!!

Hope your team wins, Dinahsmum

Enjoy your day everyone.
jj'sgirl
Kent UK
jj'sgirl is female  jj'sgirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2009, 11:41 AM

Morning ... Rose I bet you and Loki had a great day yesterday can't wait to see Grants pictures.

It is very cold and frosty here not such a hard frost and yesterday morning...my sons handbrake got frozen on yesterday!!!!!!!

Oh DM forgot the cricket must remind my OH he's a fan..but been a bit hectic here so it must have gone out of his mind
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2009, 02:09 PM

I've just seen half a dozen flakes of snow
And I didn't imagine it - the postie has just been, woolly hat and all, and he agreed that a very little of the white stuff fell.
Well. I'm in for the day, had my lunch, the fire is lit ... all's well with the world
jj'sgirl
Kent UK
jj'sgirl is female  jj'sgirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2009, 02:12 PM

Awww thats really exciting..SNOW...

I don't know why but I feel really excited this year about snow I ususal hate it...we are suppose to have some tomorrow and Friday
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2009, 05:26 PM

Hi all! Brass monkey weather here, only -1 (30 F) and wind chill is -8!! At least the sun is shining, no snow in our forecast. Made it to the Post Office just before it opened a 9 am, and was third in line, so in and out quickly and home where it's warm. Cards are on the way. Got my Christmas wreath out, it's made of pinecones, and had to rewire some that managed to work themselves loose while it was stored. With a lot of help from Leia, who thought the wire was fun to play with...
Dalmagirl
Longford, Ireland
Dalmagirl is female  Dalmagirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2009, 08:24 PM

Mild and damp here, no need for a jumper outside just a light jacket, it varies by the hour here
Managed to get everything done this afternoon and had a lovely drive through stunning North Longford countryside looking at lakes and rainbows.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2009, 10:57 PM

Evening OFFers-yet another miserable wet day here again -got a good soaking out walking this morning then it turned into a rather hectic afternoon-picked my sister up and took her to get dressings changed on her knee at the hospital-she fell getting out of a taxi.No she wasn't drunk- she was as a sober as a judge and had been doing her weekly shop - just missed her footing and split her knee on the kerb. Just got her home and was about to set off home when my friend rang to say thought her 15yr+ cavalier had had a stroke-went straight over to hers and went down to the vets with them. Didn't think we'd be bringing him home but he's home and going to see how he is tomorrow. Then I went off to work for a rest Hope you've all had a good day.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2009, 11:20 PM

Sounds like a very busy day, merz
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2009, 11:20 PM

Oh dear, merz! Hope your sister is better and not in too much pain; glad the little dog has made it so far and is home.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top