Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2009, 09:52 AM

Thursday thread

Hi - cold enough for you? The fire stayed in last night, so I am snug as the proverbial bug, as is the whole house. Nice
I've a few errands to run this morning, so I'll just set this running and vamoose (remember that word? Where does that come from?) Back later - keep warm
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2009, 11:49 AM

Re: Thursday thread

Morning Dinahsmum and All It is a wee bit sunny but cold and windy, now up here - was icy earlier on!

Hope everyone will enjoy their Thursday.

Hope you got all your messages done, Dinahsmum and it is a long time since I heard "vamoose"!! Memories!!

Take care.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2009, 12:10 PM

Morning DM and everyone - Minus 9 C last night and we noticed it when we woke up, bit of snow but nothing serious.

Have a good day everyone
Funky Farmer
Bedfordshire, UK
Funky Farmer is male  Funky Farmer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2009, 12:26 PM

It's a beautiful day here in North Bedfordshire. A bit chilly but I don't mind that, after all, I have got double glazing
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2009, 12:35 PM

It's turned out nice here too. The roads were a bit icy when I took the dog out but fine now I've just walked into town. The sun is shining, I can't feel any wind, so all's well with the world.
A nice load of carol singers/musicians, collecting for Oxfam, the usual Big Issue seller and Salvation Army collector. Saw them on my way in, so I made sure I was well stocked with coins for them on my way back through
OH is in London but hopefully he'll be home, or well on his way home, before the forecast snow arrives in the SE
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2009, 12:37 PM

Morning all!

It's a lovely bright sunny day here but oh so cold - never mind though, that bright ball in the sky compensates for the temperature

Did the trolley dash earlier, there's a definite increase in panicky shoppers out there....... they were loading their trolleys almost sky high!

Have a good day everyone, keep warm

LynX
Cornwall
LynX is female  LynX has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2009, 12:54 PM

It's a lovely bright day here in Cornwall but 'Oh, so cold'.
I'll warm up later when I take the dogs for a hike, there is nothing like your own personal central heating from the inside out.
Have a good day everyone.
Bridie
northants
Bridie is female  Bridie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2009, 02:03 PM

Very cold here too. I had to buy a christmas tree today as I have a foster dog that eats everything so I couldnt put my big one up. Decided to get a real one to put up on my cupboard so I had to get a rooted one as I disagree with mass slaughter of trees. Nearly broke my back carrying it and now the back of my car is full of sand. Happy days. I made up a bleach solution to water it with as its supposed to make them live longer so it has to sit outside now to drain then I'll bring it in later. I am just about to take the dogs for a very cold walk then I'm wrapping presents
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2009, 02:11 PM

G'day all, . . . brass monkey weather here, . . it's -4 and it looks like snow tonight.

How are you'se all ? . . I was as busy as a Bosnian brick-layer yesterday, . . never got the chance to log on and see if you'se were behaving.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2009, 05:53 PM

Hi, all. Sunny but bitterly cold -3 (26 F), wind chill -7!! Stayed indoors, no errands and the grocery delivery is coming this afternoon. Our forecast has changed, snow is now definitely forecast for most of the day and evening Saturday, OMG!! May be snowbound ......

DM, vamoose is a corruption of the Spanish vamos, we go. Probably picked up by cowboys in the Southwest.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top