Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
chinadoll
Wales
chinadoll is female  chinadoll has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2009, 09:57 PM

A Rant

I'm not sure if this should be in Pensions but here goes.
My son collected my pension today as he usually does but he came back £100 short. I rang the post office to tell them and the man I spoke to said my son must have taken the money. I told him he knew my son and how reliable he is but, all he said was he would check when the P/O closed to see if they were £100 over in the till. We have been using this P/O for 26 years but the present owners have been there for approx 3 years and have been known to make "Mistakes". My hubby and I are going there tomorrow morning and are going to ask if we can see the CCTV footage. My son has Asperger Syndrome and tho' very clever at many things never counts money even his own. Let me add,it's always the same person at the P/O who makes mistakes. Roll on tomorrow! chinadoll.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2009, 10:18 PM

Re: A Rant

Tough one that as the onus is generally on the person to check how much they are given at the till/time.

Hopefully they are honest and will tell you if they were £100 over!
chinadoll
Wales
chinadoll is female  chinadoll has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2009, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Tough one that as the onus is generally on the person to check how much they are given at the till/time.

Hopefully they are honest and will tell you if they were £100 over!

Yeh a toughie indeed Azz. We can but try tomorrow all the same but I think I've lost it.
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2009, 10:31 PM

£100 is a lot of money. I hope you get it sorted. I think the automatic accusation of your son is wrong - what do they base that on? Have you considered having your pension paid into a bank account?

I hope you get it back.
chinadoll
Wales

17-12-2009, 10:50 PM

Hi PP, I don't know what he based his idea of my son taking the money on as he serves him every 2 weeks. Thats when my son gets my pension every fortnight. Plus he collects his DLA. He was in Uni but had to leave due to the stress of the work and crowds. He really is an honest young man. The man who served him has made mistakes with other customers several times. Yes I'm moving my account but want to see what he has to say tomorrow. Surely it's there on CCTV?
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2009, 10:55 PM

It should show up when he balances at the end of the day. Not sure if they normally do a daily balance, it used to be weekly but the post master should do a balance in the light of the mistake. If you get any problems, report him to the Post Office Counters - I think that is the governing body. The Citizens Advice Bureau would advise you there.

I hope everything goes well for you in the morning.

Take care.
chinadoll
Wales

17-12-2009, 11:05 PM

Oh bless you Brandykins, I never thought of POC or CAB. In fairness the assistant did say he would check the till this evening but he already has a reputation for making mistakes thats why my hubby wants to ask him about seeing the CCTV footage from today. I'll take your advice on board. chinadoll.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2009, 08:54 AM

I hope that the PO reimburse you, they would definitely know if they had too much money when they cash up. If someone is making lots of mistakes with the money they are not in the right job IMO.

Good luck
chinadoll
Wales

18-12-2009, 04:44 PM

Hi Azz, PP,Brandykins and Moetmum. I got my £100! Hubby and I went to the P/O earlier. Hubby said to the older assistant " Make me a happy man and tell me you're £100 over in your till". Rightaway asst apologised saying it was an oversight on the younger ones part. Younger one looked so forlorn that I almost felt sorry for him. I think he should learn to count,not the 1st mistake he's made. Anyway from now on I'll collect my own pension. chinadoll
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2009, 04:58 PM

All's well
I'm pleased for you

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top