Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2009, 05:43 PM

Our storm upgraded to a blizzard!

Been snowing since 9 pm last night, will continue probably thru the night although not as heavy after 10 pm. Blizzard means winds of 35 mph with blowing and drifting snow. Everything closed, government, universities, etc. Buses only running on emergency snow routes, streets in my neighborhood neither gritted nor plowed. My neighbor did the sidewalks with his blower but it's falling at about 2" per hour, so covered again. I'd guess we have about 9" here, a friend in Capitol Hill says he has 10". Miraculously my paper was delivered! Going to get worse before it gets better: TV stations have dropped regular programming and on continuous storm watch. This was taken from my front porch about 9:30 this morning.

dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2009, 05:47 PM

Re: Our storm upgraded to a blizzard!

Oh Eileen - just stay in and keep warm and keep chatting here
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2009, 05:51 PM

I plan to, couldn't pay me to go out in this!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2009, 05:52 PM

Not having a neighbourhood snowball fight then?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2009, 05:52 PM

...and make sure you get plenty of food in!

Must say it looks nice there DM!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2009, 05:54 PM

We rarely get snow like that Eileen which is just as well , if one snowflake falls here the country grinds to a halt .

The councils say because we don't get much snow it is not worth buying the equipment to move it , so unless you live in a town or on a main road nothing moves and you are pretty much stuck !

Keep wrapped up and warm
dinahsmum
SW England

19-12-2009, 05:55 PM

........ and make soup!
Great therapy and a great internal warmer
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

19-12-2009, 05:58 PM

Have lots of food and drink in, had soup last night and having more at lunch. Washington is notorious at panicking when even an inch of snow falls, so this is a huge thing...Armageddon!!
dinahsmum
SW England

19-12-2009, 06:01 PM

Did you catch the news that about 2000 poor people were stuck in trains under the Channel yesterday/last night DM? Bet that was no fun, especially if it was families returning from festive fun at EuroDisney.
We're not awfully good at weather extremes either - but we don't get them very often
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2009, 06:09 PM

It sounds like you are getting what we had earlier this week! I really didn't mean to send it your way!
I hope you keep your internet connection - I lost mine, and I was lost!
Like everybody said, stay warm and safe!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top