Join for free
Chr1st1an
East Anglia
Chr1st1an is male  Chr1st1an has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2009, 08:00 AM

Morning monday

-and its a real chilly one over here in the east. You all go safely now!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2009, 09:59 AM

Re: Morning monday

Morning Chr1st1an - it's cold enough here in the balmy SW so I don't envy you in the chilly east. At least there doesn't appear to be any wind here but the roads are too icy to walk. OH has a business meeting about 50 miles away, so I will be pleased to hear his key in the door tonight . Apart from one last trip to the shops for perishables the car can then be 'stood down' for a week and we'll go where we're going on foot. Hopefully things may have thawed by then

Be careful and have a good day everyone
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2009, 10:46 AM

Morning Christian, morning all

It is freezing here, the car has got as far as our neighbours drive and will stay there until we thaw out. I have had to get the park to come and collect me in their 4x4's or I wouldn't have made it to work over the past three days.

On top of that we had a power cut Saturday night at about 10pm and the power didn't come on again until 3 in the morning so I had to have the puppies in bed with me to keep them warm.

Have a good day all
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2009, 10:52 AM

Mornin all, . . . welcome back Chris, . . It's a real cold one today here folks, -5 and it aint getting warmer.

Just off down the park with the gang so I'll be back on later, . . take care and watch the roads oFFers.
fuzzy finker
Kent, UK
fuzzy finker is male  fuzzy finker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2009, 10:53 AM

Good morning all. Still snowed in in my bit of Kent - had a further fll of about an inch last night, settled nicely on the existing snow and ice... Going to try and move the car up the hill in a bit, but I'm not holding out much hope....
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2009, 01:00 PM

Morning Christian and Everyone. A wee bit cold and pavements iced over here, the gritters are good at gritting the drives but not the pavements! I will be calling them to ask them to send the gritters out for the pavements!

Hope you and all here will enjoy their Monday, whatever you do.

Take care.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2009, 01:21 PM

We had a light fall of snow during the night, it has frozen underfoot and is treacherous to walk on. Unfortunately we don't get the gritters on our road due to it being a no through road.

I can remember years ago when my parents used to put the ash from coal fires on paths and pavements ...... used to save many a fall!

Take care everyone....
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2009, 03:08 PM

Afternoon All, well it's snowing again here in Berkshire! Hubby came home in his lunch break and went to take Asti out for a quick walk, got as far as on the road outside our drive and came back, he said it was like a sheet of glass on the ice on the pavement and wasn't gonna chance it so we let her out in the garden instead. Trouble is with Asti is that she won't do her big jobs in the garden, she'll only do it outside on walks, which can be a pain on days like this. She'll hang on and hang on forever until she goes out. I doubt if were be able to get her out this evening, it's real bad on the paths in our road And now it's snowing on top of the snow and ice that was already there. I hate snow and ice at the best of times!

Take care all of you.
LynX
Cornwall
LynX is female  LynX has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2009, 03:20 PM

No snow but very icy here as well.
We don't get gritters this way either. Being off the beaten track has it's advantages but as for services; that ain't one of them.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2009, 03:30 PM

It's snowing really hard here in Berkshire now. Hubby who doesn't finish work until 5.30pm phoned up to say his firm are letting all the workers go home now as it's so bad, he said he doesn't know how long it will take him to get home as the roads are gridlocked outside his office He only works four miles away.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top