Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 11:06 PM

A weekend away

There is a hotel in Kendal, Cumbria, that is offering weekend breaks with a bespoke gardening course thrown in, and trips to local garden centres.
They are covering things like tree planting, dividing perennials, taking cuttings, shrubs, cut flower gardening and lots more.
I think its quite a nice idea to be able to combine a lovely weekend away, plus indulge in a favourite hobby and learn something at the same time, though personally, I think it is expensive at £430.
The break is at the "Castle Green Hotel" if anyone was interested in having a look at the website.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 11:10 PM

Re: A weekend away

I could have 2 weeks abroad for that price!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
There is a hotel in Kendal, Cumbria, that is offering weekend breaks with a bespoke gardening course thrown in, and trips to local garden centres.
They are covering things like tree planting, dividing perennials, taking cuttings, shrubs, cut flower gardening and lots more.
I think its quite a nice idea to be able to combine a lovely weekend away, plus indulge in a favourite hobby and learn something at the same time, though personally, I think it is expensive at £430.
The break is at the "Castle Green Hotel" if anyone was interested in having a look at the website.
Does seem rather expensive. Might be a blast though. Probably rub shoulders with the 'well off'.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 11:42 PM

Only had a couple of weekend breaks,one in the Trossachs with a couple of friends of ours was surreal, having breakfast with gold plated cutlery and fabulous Red deer Stags on the lawn.

Tother was on Mull in search of White-tailed sea Eagles, both were pricey but very enjoyable.. I could have had a full weeks break for less elsewhere, but its nice to treat yourself now and then.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 11:49 PM

[QUOTE=Nom;603968]Only had a couple of weekend breaks,one in the Trossachs with a couple of friends of ours was surreal, having breakfast with gold plated cutlery and fabulous Red deer Stags on the lawn.

Tother was on Mull in search of White-tailed sea Eagles, both were pricey but very enjoyable.. I could have had a full weeks break for less elsewhere, but its nice to treat yourself now and then.[/QUOTE]

That would make another good thread Nom - "When did you last treat yourself?"
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 11:55 PM

Mups I guess you are paying a lot for the 'tution' , I looked at some weekend cookery courses for my DIL and they were equally expensive.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 11:56 PM

five minuted ago with a piece of chocolate
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

04-02-2015, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Mups I guess you are paying a lot for the 'tution' , I looked at some weekend cookery courses for my DIL and they were equally expensive.

Yes, I expect so Meg. It looks a grand place, but I still think it's a lot though. Apparently the £430 includes a bed (that's a relief), breakfast, one dinner, and a two-hour gardening course, plus seasonal plants or cuttings from the garden to take home.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2015, 12:41 AM

Yes, I expect so Meg. It looks a grand place, but I still think it's a lot though. Apparently the £430 includes a bed (that's a relief), breakfast, one dinner, and a two-hour gardening course, plus seasonal plants or cuttings from the garden to take home.
Sounds lovely if you can afford it
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2015, 01:12 AM

That sounds really interesting - but costly for a week-end.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top