Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2009, 09:19 PM

Re: The joys of being single.

Too many people mistake being alone for being lonely. It's NOT the same!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2009, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Too many people mistake being alone for being lonely. It's NOT the same!
You're right dandysmom-few people have said to me that I must be lonely on my own-I might be on my own but I'm not lonely. I enjoy my own company and the company of others if thats what I want. Loneliness is something very different.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2009, 09:40 PM

Very well put. Anyone who loves reading, animals, gardening, chatting on the phone to friends and on the computer is far too busy to be lonely. I'm very content with my life.
Flamingo
Montagnac, Herault, France
Flamingo is female  Flamingo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2009, 04:15 PM

If I was in my twenties now (I wish!!!) I probably would remain single but it was kind of an expection to marry and have children.

I am married and happily so - this leads on to the question of children (not really related to being single) We don't have children mainly out of choice. What annoys me bigtime is the assumption that because you don't have children then you cannot possibly like them. Also I consider it to be extremely rude when people ask why we haven't got children. In fact I adore babies, toddlers and children.

Another irritation about not having children is that many people have said to me words to the effect "Well what will you do when you get very old?".

This question I find hard to believe. My opinion is that you have children to bring them up well and then let them fly the nest and it is not their 'duty' to stay living near you all their lives. Of course naturally visit but they have families of their own and so goes on life.

I think with the maturity I have now I probably would be a good mother but I didn't think I would when I was younger so neither my husband nor myself regret this.
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2009, 04:34 PM

Being divorced is even better - cos you know exactly what you`re escaping from
Oh the joys of the single life! Never having to be pleasant when you don`t want to. Never having to rush back to get his dinner. Never having to check it`s OK before you swan off and enjoy yourself.
Happy days.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2009, 06:06 PM

Never married, nor ever wanted to!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

16-12-2009, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Brandykins ->
Never married, nor ever wanted to!
Nor I, Brandykins .....

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top