Join for free
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2015, 09:04 PM

A long lost Rose

A beautiful, soft peachy pink rose called "City of Gloucester," was thought to be extinct, but has just been re-discovered by a local historian, growing in a garden hedge in Gloucester.
It even had a feint identification label still attached to it.

I think that's lovely. It looks so pretty in the picture I saw, I'm glad its been found again.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2015, 04:40 PM

Re: A long lost Rose

I have just looked this up online Mups it certainly looks lovely, but don't you feel some of the big headed roses start to look the same.

I bet it was a surprise when the word went out that they were looking for this long lost rose and there it is in your garden.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2015, 05:20 PM

Here you are Mups

I prefer small bud type of roses myself , the big ones are gone in a day with the rain and wind..
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2015, 09:20 PM

Thankyou clever Meg.

I like HT's and Floribundas. Most of mine are floribundas though. I agree that the smaller heads often seem to last a bit longer.
I just thought it was nice that something so pretty has been saved from extinction.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top