Join for free
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2016, 01:22 AM

Advice On My Miss Bateman Clematis, Please!

I love my 7 yr old Miss Bateman Clematis with its huge white flowers. Last year, it had no flowers and on inspection I found its climbing wood was dead. At the base was a shoot but when I looked days later, it had disappeared. I put chicken wire around it to protect it from the rabbits and it started to shoot again but was still getting nibbled! I decided to dig it up all together and put it in a large pot in the greenhouse until I decided where to move it to. I noticed yesterday that there is no shoot at all now and I'm really disappointed as I would hate to lose it.
Is there any advice anyone can give that could save it? Thank You.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2016, 01:31 AM

Re: Advice On My Miss Bateman Clematis, Please!

Isn't it a bit early to be shooting yet Arty? I'd give it time yet.
I prune mine in February, so I don't expect any sign of life till after that, but I guess it depends on when it normally flowers.

See if this is any help. Bums. Can't do the link. Half a mo. . . .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2016, 01:34 AM

Mups, I have another Clematis in a pot in the greenhouse and that has three buds on it!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2016, 01:35 AM

Clematis 'Miss Bateman' (Large Plant) - Thompson & Morgan
www.thompson-morgan.com › ... › Clematis Plants
Clematis 'Miss Bateman' flowers from May to June, with a second flush of slightly smaller blooms in late summer.

See if that works.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

10-01-2016, 01:44 AM

Thank You for that Mups. The flowers on my Miss Bateman were the size of saucers and very prolific. Well, at least I know where to purchase another if it doesn't survive!
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2016, 06:12 AM

I can't help I'm afraid. I've had several clematis plants and they've all died on me after 2/3 years.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top