Join for free
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2009, 09:18 PM

What are your favourite flowers and what do you grow mostly in your gardens

Our passion is roses we just love them and are plantaholics where they are concerned we are very much into David Austin roses at the moment we to date have 48 roses in our garden and next year when we plant the bottom and righthand side of the back garden we are hoping to get another 8 to10 rosebushes nothing flowers as much or for so long in your garden as roses...
What are your favourite flowers?
Sue
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2009, 09:23 PM

Re: What are your favourite flowers and what do you grow mostly in your gardens

My favourite flowers are carnations....Do have a patch inthe garden, but as my garden is big, I have mainly shrubs.....My favourite being Leycesteria........
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2009, 09:36 PM

I like most flowers but I suppose my favourites are azaleas, fuchsias, carnations and pansies.

I do like roses but am not very successful with them as they always seem to end up with blackspot on their leaves

I also love Spring flowers, a sign that the new year is awakening
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2009, 09:47 PM

I love the old-fashioned cottage garden ones my Gran used to grow - hollyhocks, delphinium, pinks etc. And no, I can`t grow them - not with 4 dogs and a tiny garden. If it don`t go in a tub or a basket, it`s not going to grow in my garden.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2009, 10:17 PM

Good thread! House: amaryllis, Christmas cacti, phalaenopsis orchids.
Garden: old garden roses, iris (tall bearded, arilbred, Siberian and Louisiana), agapanthus,geraniums,
impatiens, ruellia. All Spring bulbs: tulips, daffodils, crocus, etc.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2009, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->

I also love Spring flowers, a sign that the new year is awakening
I also love the spring flowers especially daffodils-a sign that spring is on its way Unfortunately I am not a gardener, I have what could be called a 'lazy persons' garden-its gravelled but with pots-anything for an easy life me thinks
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2009, 08:34 AM

I'm not much of a flower person either but I agree about the sping bulbs.
I like tubs and pots with nice flowers which grow easily and without fuss. I very much like lavender

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top