Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2016, 01:52 PM

Re: A Tree

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
I admire a man who enjoys sharing his life with nature

Here in my city Banyan trees are very common. Their roots fall down from the limbs and it allows them to regenerate and live long lives.

Native Americans tell of a tale of a magician who was cast into a Banyan tree to live out his life inside the tree
Have you ever seen the Moreton Bay Fig Tree in Santa Barbara, California? I collected seeds from it wanting to create a bonsai, but the fruit are infertile. I do have a ficus bonsai that i designed from seeds I collected from a tree in Algeria and another from Laos. They all produce aerial roots. Here I am at Angkor Tom in Cambodia. I am sitting on and in front of a gigantic aerial root.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	40 1999.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	423  
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2016, 01:59 PM

The Moreton Bay Fig Tree. Santa Barbara, California.

Angkor Thom, Cambodia.

eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2016, 02:26 PM

When I was a young boy I would spend a lot of time climbing this very old mango tree in my backyard. I even tried building a treehouse, which consisted of old boards that I nailed across some limbs. Nowadays treehouses have become very sophisticated with electricity and all..

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-02-28-08-17-11-1.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	424  
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2016, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Advantage Out ->
The Moreton Bay Fig Tree. Santa Barbara, California.

Angkor Thom, Cambodia.

Great pictures ! They speak of the wonders of nature. Thanks for sharing...
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2016, 02:53 PM

love all the pics of them u put up -arn't they just the most lovely living thing of nature ....in the nxt village where i live in linc's there is a old church -lovely 1500 design 'and in the ground is a tree not a oak' but this tree has to be much older than the church... the wirdth is amazing round -just beautiful amoung the graves ........
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden

28-02-2016, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Maddy ->
love all the pics of them u put up -arn't they just the most lovely living thing of nature ....in the nxt village where i live in linc's there is a old church -lovely 1500 design 'and in the ground is a tree not a oak' but this tree has to be much older than the church... the wirdth is amazing round -just beautiful amoung the graves ........
If they could only speak, eh?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2016, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Maddy ->
Sounds wonderful Maddy
eyes_of_a_painter
n

28-02-2016, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Advantage Out ->
If they could only speak, eh?
Not only tree, but all of nature tries to speak to us. Problem is, many don't believe in natures beauty. So their ears become deaf and their eyes become blind
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden

28-02-2016, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
When I was a young boy I would spend a lot of time climbing this very old mango tree in my backyard. I even tried building a treehouse, which consisted of old boards that I nailed across some limbs. Nowadays treehouses have become very sophisticated with electricity and all..
Tree houses, yes:

Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2016, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
This tree says 'too wit, too woo'.
Alan Is that a real owl in the tree hollow?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top