Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2018, 08:59 PM

Re: How did you spend Christmas Day?

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'm scrabbling to think up an excuse to go out to the pub.
Wuss
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2018, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Wuss
Hang on, I have an idea.

You come round to our place and ask me out.

Of course, on reflection that does have a drawback.

Marge will kill you.

Worse still...

she'll kill ME!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2018, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Hang on, I have an idea.

You come round to our place and ask me out.

Of course, on reflection that does have a drawback.

Marge will kill you.

Worse still...

she'll kill ME!
Nah Marge wouldn't kill me JB. I'll give my 'Stare'. It stops anyone in their tracks

She won't kill you..... I've just stopped her in her tracks

Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2018, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by issi ->
just like me joe, alone I tried leaving replies here and for some reason most of my replies have been disappeared. I don't know if I have offended anyone here but I am not aware of it if I did. I found my son dead on Christmas day some years back and since then I have found Christmas very difficult, so I came on here and tried to join in but it seems nobody was interested.so I apologise if I have done anything wrong.
Issi I am so sorry you felt alone especially when Christmas is such a sad time of year for you.
I'm sure that you were not being ignored. Sometimes posts do get missed in fact sometimes I think Ive developed the superpower of invisibility but I think at this time of year the board just goes very quiet.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2018, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Nah Marge wouldn't kill me JB. I'll give my 'Stare'. It stops anyone in their tracks

She won't kill you..... I've just stopped her in her tracks

You haven't seen her stare, have you?

I know. You can have a staring contest.

I'll be down at the pub.
Gladys
New Member!
UK
Gladys is female 

28-12-2018, 12:26 AM

I went to church on Christmas morning. I always find the Christmas Day service to be very joyful, celebrating the birth of Christ. To me, that is the most important part of Christmas Day, though I know that I am in a minority as very few people nowadays see Christmas as a religious celebration.

Issi, I am so sorry that you have such sad memories of Christmas Day. It must be very upsetting for you. A friend of mine has similar memories of New Year’s Eve which is always a difficult time for her.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2018, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by issi ->
just like me joe, alone I tried leaving replies here and for some reason most of my replies have been disappeared. I don't know if I have offended anyone here but I am not aware of it if I did. I found my son dead on Christmas day some years back and since then I have found Christmas very difficult, so I came on here and tried to join in but it seems nobody was interested.so I apologise if I have done anything wrong.
I'm so sorry to read your story Issi & sorry if you thought you were being ignored. It must be very hard for you. The private section on here is very good if you want to get something off your chest. You will not be ignored. x

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
Painted part of the kitchen ceiling in the morning.
Nicol - why did you choose Christmas morning to paint the ceiling?
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2018, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->

Nicol - why did you choose Christmas morning to paint the ceiling?
Christmas is not a good time for me, there are too many sad and bad memories.

I find the easiest way to deal with it is to treat it like any other day and to keep busy. Before I retired I would work Christmas day but now I find things indoors to keep me busy. This year it's decorating the kitchen.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2018, 07:49 AM

I'm sorry Nicole, I didn't realise. x
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2018, 09:02 AM

Just the two of us, a long walk with the dogs, a chicken roast dinner, the Queens message and Jungle Book in the afternoon, then a game of scrabble in the evening, perfect....

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top