Join for free
Page 4 of 13 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 09:50 PM

Re: Trying to get the Irish on same page

Originally Posted by itsme ->
Nationalism is as big a scourge as religion.
So if all of a sudden you were told you were now Scottish or Irish, you would be happy?
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
Well I hear Northern Ireland saying they voted to stay in and want the border open , I see the southern Irish demanding no border despite the fact it’s the EU BORDER !!!!
So possibly as the Irish can’t play nicely together and are holding a gun to the English head over brexit a referendum should be held in Northern Ireland on becoming a unified IRELAND .... in other words put up or shut up !!!
We are moving towards a united Ireland, but on the back of Brexit? No

Right now they are looking at saying if you want Brexit then there has to be a border ( which both sides are against) or vote for a United Ireland

For those of us who voted Brexit and don't want a united Ireland, well it means our voices won't be heard

( when I say we, I mean the collective we, and not necessarily my own personal opinion )
Mel15
Nowhere

01-02-2019, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
Well I hear Northern Ireland saying they voted to stay in and want the border open , I see the southern Irish demanding no border despite the fact it’s the EU BORDER !!!!
So possibly as the Irish can’t play nicely together and are holding a gun to the English head over brexit a referendum should be held in Northern Ireland on becoming a unified IRELAND .... in other words put up or shut up !!!
The Irish - those living in Eire, or The South of Ireland

They live quite happily and play nicely with each other, its when they are expected to play nicely with the British in Northern Ireland that problems start
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
So if all of a sudden you were told you were now Scottish or Irish, you would be happy?
You are born and living in the northern part of Ireland and you call yourself english. Seems the same as being born in London and calling yourself Maroccan. Which is possible, but doesn't make London part of Marocco.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 10:24 PM

We are moving towards a united Ireland, but on the back of Brexit? No

Right now they are looking at saying if you want Brexit then there has to be a border ( which both sides are against) or vote for a United Ireland

For those of us who voted Brexit and don't want a united Ireland, well it means our voices won't be heard

( when I say we, I mean the collective we, and not necessarily my own personal opinion )
I don't think anyone (even the dictatorial EU) could force you into uniting with Eire if you don't want to.

I foresee two possible eventualities: the UK remaining in the EU, along with riots on the streets; and Brexit taking place as voted for - completely, without any compromises, without our paying the EU's ransom, along with Treason May losing her seat in government.

No need to say which of the two I hope for!
Mel15
Nowhere

01-02-2019, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
You are born and living in the northern part of Ireland and you call yourself english. Seems the same as being born in London and calling yourself Maroccan. Which is possible, but doesn't make London part of Marocco.
Where did I say I called myself English????

I am British

I have a British passport, not an Irish one

Now as it happens Im also English but thats a different story
Mel15
Nowhere

01-02-2019, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->

And you off all people should be understanding of the difference between the North and South

Your own King fought for us
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 10:46 PM

Of brexit is cancelled on the excuse of the Irish border problem
Mel15
Nowhere

01-02-2019, 10:50 PM

But who is making the border such a problem??

If a border is needed why not at the ports as in most island countries?

We in the North do not want a border

Im pretty sure the normal working wo/man in the south doesn't want one either
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 10:56 PM

And you off all people should be understanding of the difference between the North and South

Your own King fought for us
To be fair his king was your king and as another religious loony caused a lot of the Irish problems. (1690 ish to 1700 ish)

Page 4 of 13 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top