Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2019, 05:31 PM

Re: Posting on Brexit?

Wow brigy boy, what a first day! You must be faster the
three who are one hollanders, did they/he come to you for
lessons? The wtf is it tdwy was only a test peice, sort of
an initiation thing, you passed by the way

Best Regards Donkeyman
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2019, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Does it really matter, when, how they post as long as it isn’t breaking the rules?
It’s a free country you know? No one is answerable to anyone really.
Leave em be, it keeps them out of trouble and off the streets!
Don't stop um Shouting.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
What's Brexit got to do with you anyway? What's the matter, have you nothing of interest going on in your own country at the moment. Why not talk about tulips, windmills and Heineken at length instead?
You see how succesful our export strategy is? Tulips are exported to the UK and ireland, windmills are pictures on poistcard your tourists send home. And heineken is mostly drunk in anglosaxon countries.
We earn ten times more from your visits than from your contribution to the EU.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
You see how succesful our export strategy is? Tulips are exported to the UK and ireland, windmills are pictures on poistcard your tourists send home. And heineken is mostly drunk in anglosaxon countries.
We earn ten times more from your visits than from your contribution to the EU.
Hi

I will still be coming to Holland after Brexit.

I love the people, plenty of tall slim blondes

The culture is fantastic and the fishing is great.

Brexit will not change my love of European Cultures.

I will still travel to my favourite restaurants, so much cheaper than those here in the UK.

It is just that the EU, in it's present form, is not for me.

As a trading Bloc it is great, however the direction of travel, with further integration, is wrong and dangerous.

I want no part of it at all.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 07:19 AM

Its all well and good for some folks, living in Never Netherland.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I will still be coming to Holland after Brexit.

I love the people, plenty of tall slim blondes

The culture is fantastic and the fishing is great.

Brexit will not change my love of European Cultures.

I will still travel to my favourite restaurants, so much cheaper than those here in the UK.

It is just that the EU, in it's present form, is not for me.

As a trading Bloc it is great, however the direction of travel, with further integration, is wrong and dangerous.

I want no part of it at all.
And the brits will always be welcome to the netherlands. Still admired for their culture and sophistication, honoured for the bravery of their men serving the country.
As to the EU, it's a package deal, you take the good with the bad. Of course I'm not blind to the things wrong in the system. But I've always learned that if you criticise, you also give alternatives, that you make an effort yourself. For me as a simple civilian, the best I can do is use my vote, and use it wise. The netherlands take the EU parliament more and more serious. In the past we delegated second rate politicians (like you did by sending farage), now it's more of the statute like frans timmermans.
I respect the choice the UK made, but I will not stop criticising it. As to my former statement about criticising and alternatives, I suggest it is not too late to revoke A50. You have made your point about the flaws of the EU. They are broadly aknowledged. What you also made clear, is the level of interaction, of intertwining between the memberstates.
As you know the period of juncker ends in october, and although he strongly denies it, I suspect mark rutte will make his move to take over. He is different from juncker, but still a politician.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

12-04-2019, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We may be on opposite sides at times, however I have the highest regard for your Security Services.

They are very professional and an absolute pleasure to deal with.

They have an advantage over us, liberal your Politicians may be, but much harder than ours in protecting you.

We can learn a lot from the Dutch, I wish we would.
Yesterday our special interventions teams (= police) practiced/demonstrated in rotterdam port. Recently the military brach of the force had a joint operation with their british collegues. My son spoke very highly of the brits, who were in no way the minors to the dutch. What your politicians can learn is to utilize the tools they have at their disposal.
BritGuyUSA
United States
BritGuyUSA is male 

12-04-2019, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Not on about The King, buddy. It's the dumbo who just thinks he is...your "Man at Twitter".
"Buddy"???
As for Trump being a "dumbo", is that your best intellectual shot at a man who has turned the USA around in it's direction & created more jobs than the others have in the last 50years as well as someone finally saying it as it is & pushing PCism out of the White house door!

So tell me all about "dumbo" & the fact that he takes illegal immigration seriously & is the only President prepared to put his head on the block & try his best to stop these central Americans who think they have a right to live in a country built by Europeans who want to maintain a decent living standard in a country they created?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

12-04-2019, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by BritGuyUSA ->
"Buddy"???
As for Trump being a "dumbo", is that your best intellectual shot at a man who has turned the USA around in it's direction & created more jobs than the others have in the last 50years as well as someone finally saying it as it is & pushing PCism out of the White house door!

So tell me all about "dumbo" & the fact that he takes illegal immigration seriously & is the only President prepared to put his head on the block & try his best to stop these central Americans who think they have a right to live in a country built by Europeans who want to maintain a decent living standard in a country they created?
Yesterday trump said: I know nothing about wikileaks.
In 2016 he said: I love wikileaks.

Tomorrow he'll say: do not disturb, I'm taking a leak!

The best president of the last 50 years, pissing off and on his own country.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2019, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by BritGuyUSA ->
Can anyone who actually 100% knows the answer please tell me what will happen to Brits living in Europe when Ms May finally gets around to agreeing a settlement??
Who actually cares anyway?

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top