Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 10:06 PM

Re: Jeremy Clarkson - a big girl's blouse !!!

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Clarkie's not particularly attractive, slightly overweight, not in the best of health, swears, grunts, moans and groans and uncouth.... but he's the salt of the earth with a phenomenal sense of humour, no airs or graces and always says it like it is. What more could you ask for? He's brilliant.

I've always loved Clarkie and May, which my daughter never understood.
Then she watched something that May was in and decided she wished he was her dad.

A few years ago she gave me a book for my birthday of May's (can't remember which one without getting backside off the chair to check). She'd gone to a book signing he was doing and got it signed for me. This was quite a few weeks before my birthday and she said she was desperate to tell me and still wished he was her dad

Pesta, l feel, he might be our type of man?
I am not interested in ‘pretty’ men. Personality and charisma are what l admire in a man!
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 10:10 PM

Clarkson for PM!! The three of them just click and produce some great entertainment.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I am not interested in ‘pretty’ men. Personality and charisma are what l admire in a man!
You're my kinda babe, Arty honey!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
You're my kinda babe, Arty honey!
Thanks Hun, Yeah, Right! Bless You!
Eeeek, l’m cringing here at, ‘Hun’ and ‘Bless You’!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 10:24 PM

Fight you for him
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

12-04-2019, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Fight you for him
In the mud?

What I like about him is, he hasn’t got great teeth, probably through smoking? But at least, he hasn’t had them replaced with those awful, brilliant white tombstones that many celebrities have had done.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 10:38 PM

In the mud?

What I like about him is, he hasn’t got great teeth, probably through smoking? But at least, he hasn’t had them replaced with those awful, brilliant white tombstones that many celebrities have had done.
That's what I mean - he's just himself and couldn't give a stuff what he looks like.

Nah, not in the mud.... I know it's good for skin, but it'd play havoc with me 'air
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by BritGuyUSA ->
It makes me laugh when people who most probably have less talent than the cast of a flea circus try to put others down!

I can't speak for anyone else, but it has nothing whatever to with 'talent'.

I don't care if he is the cleverest and most talented bloke in the world, it wouldn't make him a more likeable person.

In fact probably quite the opposite because his head would be even bigger than it already is!
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 11:50 PM

my son was doing guard duty for some royal do at St Pauls cathedral when he was in the Navy, JC was one of the guest's, when he arrived he went to my son and started chatting, well you speak as you find and my son found him to be one of the nicest guys he'd ever met.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2019, 08:21 AM

After my dad died in 2005 I sat down and watched some episodes of Top Gear, for the first time, and found myself laughing at the trio. As time went on I continued watching it, found a website run by their fans, joined, and made some great friends, some of which I continue to have, albeit on FB.

I credit the then Top Gear, and Clarkson, Hammon and May, with getting me through my grieving. They entertained me then, and they still entertain me to this day.

I remember when I met the first one of them, James, at a car show in Reigate, driving all the way from E. London, just for the chance to see him. He was in a small arena walking round with a mic and approached me when I shouted out that I didn’t watched or enjoy football. I remember thinking ‘S***! James May is heading towards me. To speak to me!’ I was incredibly nervous, but did grab him for an autograph later. I might also have seen Richard at one of his tv recordings then, before going to a TG recording, and being soooooooo nervous when I stood in front of JC and spoke to him. But they are all great guys, IMHO, and all have a fab sense of humour, which comes out in their writing. Yes, I have all their books, and have read their journalist columns.

I also went to a Cheltenham literary festival, meeting up with and staying at a Travelodge type establish with a few others (meeting for the first time, but we got on very well!), where both James and Richard (and his wife Mindy) were talking. And we queued up to see them afterwards.

James was so funny during his talk saying ‘it’s only Top Gear!’ He couldn’t understand why it was so hugely successful and an iconic tv show.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top