Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2019, 10:20 AM

Re: 84 "Guests" online at 1am

The whole of the forum, and it's contents, are available to view by EVERYONE in the world, member or not, EXCEPT "Private Sections" (Members only, Self Moderated, Supporting members), Cheeky Chat and Trash Can. For these sections you have to be logged in so they're unavailable to the general public. However I'm sure there are many, many "members" who log in and view but don't post. For me that's more creepy than "guests" viewing.

I personally don't see what difference it makes. As somebody else said, nothing you post on the internet is truly private or secure so simply don't post sensitive information unless you're prepared for it to be read by Joe Public.

I always view logged out unless I have something to post or there's photos that have been posted which I can't see when logged out.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2019, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
No problem pauline

Annie, if you Google something from here, someone's name for example, or a thread title, and a link comes up, doesn't that indicate that it's public?

Or, do I only see the google link because I'm always logged in?
That is possibly correct Ruthio. I was logged in and searching something using Google and found what I thought was some wording from a 'private' part of the forum. This led me to almost contacting those who run this forum to inform them of this. Before doing so I then logged out and tried again, that same information did not come up on the same search.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2019, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by BritGuyUSA ->
Who are these anonymous people that listen into (read) other people's conversations without ever "giving" something back to the forum???
It's 1am on a Friday night (OK, it's Saturday morning!) & I think l feel sorry for them actually!
They are most likely not reading at all but shut their laptops and PCs down hours before but didn't log out of the forum so it still shows as if they are logged in.

Not sure what the default cut off time is for the server when a person is inactive. One of the Mods can answer that. Not sure either if there are any personal settings where you can specify how long to stay logged in.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2019, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
They are most likely not reading at all but shut their laptops and PCs down hours before but didn't log out of the forum so it still shows as if they are logged in.

Not sure what the default cut off time is for the server when a person is inactive. One of the Mods can answer that. Not sure either if there are any personal settings where you can specify how long to stay logged in.
I think you are right.
BritGuyUSA
United States
BritGuyUSA is male 

13-04-2019, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Well, BritGuyUSA, 48 posts in your first two days could be a record.
Do I get a prize???
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2019, 02:47 PM

Haven't we had this conversation before?
BritGuyUSA
United States
BritGuyUSA is male 

13-04-2019, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Haven't we had this conversation before?
Not with me LD.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2019, 02:51 PM

Not with me LD.
Are you sure?
BritGuyUSA
United States
BritGuyUSA is male 

13-04-2019, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Are you sure?
Which one of us is feeding the troll here???
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

13-04-2019, 02:54 PM

Which one of us is feeding the troll here???
I'm reserving judgement.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top