Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 07:56 PM

Are the french allegic to water?

Went into town today by 'bus. A couple of stops after mine an extremely pretty french woman arrived. Beautifully dressed, impeccable hair and make-up. There were no seats free so she had to stand - and I saw people edge away from her - because she stank!

At the railway station to meet a friend - saw a group of french students waiting for the London train. One of them came and sat near me - I had to move to another bench because she also stank.

In both cases it was part garlic, part cigarettes, but mostly rank BO!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 07:58 PM

Re: Are the french allegic to water?

The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 08:13 PM

Our Anglo-American preoccupation with deodorants may not be such a good thing in the long term.

There is increasing epidemiological evidence that commonly used aluminium chloride that causes skin pores to shrink and so prevent sweating may well be hazardous to health in the long term.

For this reason my wife will only use deodorants that are aluminium free.

Speaking for myself I find the slight aroma of fresh perspiration from a bit of totty to be quite a turn on!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Our Anglo-American preoccupation with deodorants may not be such a good thing in the long term.

There is increasing epidemiological evidence that commonly used aluminium chloride that causes skin pores to shrink and so prevent sweating may well be hazardous to health in the long term.

Speaking for myself I find the slight aroma of fresh perspiration from a bit of totty to be quite a turn on!
I hope I'm not standing next to you on a bus also then!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 08:28 PM

ST, It’s funny you should say that because l was talking to one of my daughters yesterday about the French Exchange schoolboys and school girls we used to have, to stay.

The boys were fine but one or two of the girls honked of BO and periods (Sorry!) It was so strong and they didn’t take baths or showers.
I had to hint to them to have a bath or shower!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->

I appreciate that AT - but they could use soap and water! They really were rank - people would not stand near them. I felt sorry for the Chinese students as they were catching the same train!!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 08:32 PM

I don't know about smelly, but, I had to tell some French school kids off for luring swans with bread at The Bishop's Moat in Wells, then trying to kick the poor birds!
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 08:33 PM

What a horrible thread!

You should be ashamed of yourselves.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

16-04-2019, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
ST, It’s funny you should say that because l was talking to one of my daughters yesterday about the French Exchange schoolboys and school girls we used to have, to stay.

The boys were fine but one or two of the girls honked of BO and periods (Sorry!) It was so strong and they didn’t take baths or showers.
I had to hint to them to have a bath or shower!
I know what you mean, Art. We used have students doing 'Summer jobs' at the hospital in the offices or the Medical Records Dept. You could smell the french ones coming from two rooms away. I wouldn't have any of them working for me.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I know what you mean, Art. We used have students doing 'Summer jobs' at the hospital in the offices or the Medical Records Dept. You could smell the french ones coming from two rooms away. I wouldn't have any of them working for me.
I cant blame you, ST. I had to have them in my house for two weeks at a time. My windows were always open!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top