Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 09:49 PM

Re: Are the french allegic to water?

I must say that I have never sniffed a French person and don't sniff people I don't know in general. But I have noticed that young people in general seem to care far less about personal hygiene than I and my peers did at that age. People don't seem to be washing their hair or bothering with appearance and grooming at all. It's no longer toothpaste, aftershave, perfume and fresh clothes. But I guess when everyone is looking longingly at their phones appearance no longer matters!
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 10:15 PM

I lived in Paris for 6 months in 1980 and didn't notice any issue with BO. I also lived in London and traveled on the tube at peak times a lot, not so nice.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
I lived in Paris for 6 months in 1980 and didn't notice any issue with BO. I also lived in London and traveled on the tube at peak times a lot, not so nice.
Maybe you got inured to the stench?
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 11:29 PM

This following quote might be good advice, if trying to avoid a smelly person.....

Before you judge somebody, walk first a mile in their shoes. Then at least you'll be a mile away from them, and have a new pair of shoes!!!!!!!!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
This following quote might be good advice, if trying to avoid a smelly person.....

Before you judge somebody, walk first a mile in their shoes. Then at least you'll be a mile away from them, and have a new pair of shoes!!!!!!!!
Wow John, that's a heavy poser for this time of night!
makes sense though when you think about it
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 12:22 AM

I've been to France a lot and the only smell everywhere I can recall is from the Gitanes and Gauloises
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 07:52 AM

[QUOTE=Pyxell;1687144]What a horrible thread!

shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
I'll agree there Ray, I used to dread catching the tube twice a day in the rush hour. We were usually crammed in like sardines, and everyone having to stand by the time I got on at my station. Of course, everyone would be trying to get as much personal space for themselves as possible - which of course, was impossible.
Try being squashed in with men not only just facing you, but almost IN your face, smelling of BO, or even worse, their breath absolutely reeking of curry or garlic. It was especially bad in the morning rush hour. It was a nightmare every time.
sugarbug
canada
sugarbug is female  sugarbug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 01:25 PM

Sorry , I live in Quebec, (french land in Canada) .
some people consider BO as body odour
to us it is a beautiful odour

I don't stink , I am proud to say I take a bath once a year and a
shower once a month .
I itch a lot .. I wonder if I am allergic to water ..
I do love mud baths
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 01:53 PM

I am not disputing anybody's post, because some people do smell more that others.

I do believe though, that it is not related to any particular nationality.....but the food they eat can add to their odour. I also think that we do ourselves no favours by over washing as, no matter what you use, it does dry out your skin, which could make you sweat more. A bit like the more you wash greasy hair, the faster if gets greasy again!

The only people who benefit from our excessive washing, are the companies that make body wash products......just count how many ads you see on TV & billboards!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top