Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 01:55 PM

Re: Are the french allegic to water?

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Our Anglo-American preoccupation with deodorants may not be such a good thing in the long term.

There is increasing epidemiological evidence that commonly used aluminium chloride that causes skin pores to shrink and so prevent sweating may well be hazardous to health in the long term.

For this reason my wife will only use deodorants that are aluminium free.

Speaking for myself I find the slight aroma of fresh perspiration from a bit of totty to be quite a turn on!

If ALL your sweat glands packed up working, I agree, could be trouble. But, we have so many sweat glands on our body, just using a deodorant or anti-perspirant under arms and/or in one or two other strategic places won't make any difference whatsoever. I think you will be safe enough. I agree about the aluminium.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
If ALL your sweat glands packed up working, I agree, could be trouble. But, we have so many sweat glands on our body, just using a deodorant or anti-perspirant under arms and/or in one or two other strategic places won't make any difference whatsoever. I think you will be safe enough. I agree about the aluminium.
The emerging problem isn't the closed sweat glands, it's the aluminium.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 03:17 PM

We had some French friends stop with us, an intelligent middle class married couple who never used our shower or bath once during their stay.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
The emerging problem isn't the closed sweat glands, it's the aluminium.
I don't recall anyone becoming seriously ill from using deodourant spray. It's not as if we bathe in the stuff is it? It just reduces body odour and keeps us smelling fresh and clean. No sweat!

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top