Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 09:51 AM

Re: Muckwits!

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Muckwits parking.

You park you car and return to find some muckwit has parked his car so you can barely get to the door no mind open it.
Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Ha, yes muddy, we tend to park our car away from any one else if we can, only to return to find someone’s car, usually a 4x4, parked so close next to us
The above habit then leads to another kind of Muckwit, the one who, to avoid that problem, parks their car using two spaces. That solves the problem of other cars parking too close but of course also creates yet another problem all of its own!
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 10:19 AM

Hmmmm.. muckwit, sounds like muggle....ok, you’re jk Rowling and I claim my £5....
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 10:21 AM

If I were JKR i would send it to you!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
The above habit then leads to another kind of Muckwit, the one who, to avoid that problem, parks their car using two spaces. That solves the problem of other cars parking too close but of course also creates yet another problem all of its own!
I've seen lots of this.

Two thoughts:-

1) Make the parking charge payable according to the parking spaces occupied. i.e. you can park using two spaces - if you pay a fee for both.

2) Make the Parking area owner widen the parking slots. I note that, when I go to Costco, the parking spaces are nearly double the normal size!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Hmmmm.. muckwit, sounds like muggle....ok, you’re jk Rowling and I claim my £5....
LOL!

I thought it was a homonym for a much different but probably more appropriate word!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 12:13 PM

I have a muckwit who lives opposite me
Even though he has ample space outside his own drive he insists on parking his ginormous 4x4 on the bit of road I have to reverse on to, to get out of my drive.
He has 2 cars and he parks the smallest one on his drive!
Muckwit pea-brained mentality!

I'm sure he does it for attention so I ignore him
But I'm reversing through gritted teeth!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
LOL!

I thought it was a homonym for a much different but probably more appropriate word!

Being a refined sort I don't use that -what was it -homonym?
( not more than 15 times a day anyway )
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
LOL!

Homonyms are two words that are spelled the same and sound the same but have different meanings.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Being a refined sort of person I don't use that -what was it -homonym?
( not more than 15 times a day anyway )
If anyone uses the first part of the homonym word more than three times in a sentence it's a clear indication that they're emotionally involved in some way.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I've seen lots of this.

Two thoughts:-

1) Make the parking charge payable according to the parking spaces occupied. i.e. you can park using two spaces - if you pay a fee for both.

2) Make the Parking area owner widen the parking slots. I note that, when I go to Costco, the parking spaces are nearly double the normal size!
In our local aar park which is not free, you will receive a fine if your wheels are over onto the next space.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top