Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 12:21 PM

Re: Muckwits!

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Homonyms are two words that are spelled the same and sound the same but have different meanings.
With the spellcheck on this Pygmalion tablet it's a wonder it didn't correct the word that I wrote to "puffter"!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
In our local aar park which is not free, you will receive a fine if your wheels are over onto the next space.

The problem is not helped by the fact that cars are wider while parking spaces are the same ..
Some supermarkets use the double lines which makes things somewhat better .
Why can't all spaces be the same as disabled /mother and child spaces .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
The problem is not helped by the fact that cars are wider while parking spaces are the same ..
Some supermarkets use the double lines which makes things somewhat better .
Why can't all spaces be the same as disabled /mother and child spaces .
Less money for the council in their car parks. They like to squeeze them in.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 02:53 PM

I got so fed up trying to park at our local Tesco, I now go as soon as I come out of the Pool, just the back of 8am before all the selfish parkers get there.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 03:02 PM

In our local aar park which is not free, you will receive a fine if your wheels are over onto the next space.
That could be why a warden was hovering by my car yesterday! One on the right had parked almost diagonally and the one on my left parked on the line, I had to squeeze in and left one wheel slightly over the line. Luckily I'd only popped into Sainsbury for a few minutes. But, when I came out the diagonal car had gone so it looked like I'd parked oddly.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 04:56 PM

Less money for the council in their car parks. They like to squeeze them in.
How could you say such a thing, as if they would be doing that? With the amount of Council Tax we all pay parking should be totally free!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
That could be why a warden was hovering by my car yesterday! One on the right had parked almost diagonally and the one on my left parked on the line, I had to squeeze in and left one wheel slightly over the line. Luckily I'd only popped into Sainsbury for a few minutes. But, when I came out the diagonal car had gone so it looked like I'd parked oddly.
Ha! Yes that does happen.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

18-04-2019, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
How could you say such a thing, as if they would be doing that? With the amount of Council Tax we all pay parking should be totally free!
So should the rubbish tip.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 05:07 PM

So should the rubbish tip.
Definitely, as it is I pay £33 a week to have one bin emptied! That's after 25% discount and the bin is only ever a quarter full!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 06:45 PM

...and we pay for our food recycling and garden bin collection, which is composted and the council use it. Why can't we buy it back?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top