Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2009, 11:53 PM

Entering - Taking a seat - Listening

I was invited to try out this new site by Azz. We've known each other for a while through his photographic forum - Yop.

I'm a 60 year old American living in Portland, Oregon. I presently working for Intel Corp. but have been told they are planning to shut down the Fabrication Plant where I presently work in June of 2010. I'm planning on simply retiring and enjoying my three hobbies: Photography, Motorcycling & Computers.

I ride a new Triumph Rocket III Touring bike and never leave home without a camera aboard. The scenery in the Pacific Northwest is breathtaking. I could photograph the ducks & geese in my back yard for months. I'm surrounded by mountains, rivers, waterfalls and hundreds of miles of pristine beaches. There are lakes and streams everywhere without a straight road in the state.

When not traveling I love to eat, go to movies and shop, not necessarily in that order. I trust Azz to put together a wonderful site here and hope I fit in, being a foreigner and all.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2009, 12:00 AM

Re: Entering - Taking a seat - Listening

Hello Bob, lovely to see you here at this brand new site!

What a fabulous part of the world you live in, it makes me quite envious!

That's a monster of a bike too!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2009, 12:02 AM

Hi Bob - nice to see you here and thanks for the intro, I'm sure everyone else will be interested in what you do and who you are given most of them won't know you (as most of em are from Dogsey and Catsey... so far.)

I look forward to seeing your pics here too as I'm sure everyone else will enjoy them as well!

Oh, and I hope we get more international members so feel free to tell your friends to join too
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2009, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Hi Bob - nice to see you here and thanks for the intro, I'm sure everyone else will be interested in what you do and who you are given most of them won't know you (as most of em are from Dogsey and Catsey... so far.)

I look forward to seeing your pics here too as I'm sure everyone else will enjoy them as well!

Oh, and I hope we get more international members so feel free to tell your friends to join too
I certainly will Azz. I know lots of old folks. They're my friends. LOL
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2009, 12:46 AM

Hi Bob good to meet you
Lou
UK
Lou is female  Lou has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2009, 12:49 AM

Hiya Bob It's lovely to see you here. Can't wait to see some more pictures of yours
Anne
UK
Anne is female  Anne has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2009, 07:00 AM

Hiya Bob, welcome aboard.
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2009, 12:59 PM

Hi Bob - you are most welcome!

When I started with Catsey (the only forum I've stuck with) I met some of your countrywomen and I am absolutely sure that talking to folk from other countries with different interests and perspectives is not only very enjoyable, but incredibly valuable.

You live in a beautiful part of the world and I hope that you will share bits of it with us here in the fullness of time!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2009, 02:38 PM

Hi again Bob - I said hello to you in an earlier thread with pics.

I too am envious of your home state. I live quite near Portland Dorset and have visited with a friend in Maine who lives just outside Portland Me but somehow there is an attraction about Oregon. Maybe, sometime ......

Lovely to meet you - you've painted a very good pen pic of yourself
rune
New Member!
rune is female 

07-08-2009, 05:48 PM

Hello Bob

it looks amazing where you live. Looking forward to hearing more and seeing pics.

rune

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top