Join for free
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2009, 10:38 AM

How does your garden grow? - Flowers

A thread for day to day postings about what's hot and what's not in your flower garden/tubs/hanging baskets etc. Pics might be lovely!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2009, 02:42 PM

Re: How does your garden grow? - Flowers

Good idea DM!
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2009, 05:11 PM

The rain has ruined my Nemesias and the Gazanias look sad. The outdoor tagetes have done well and I have one poor Echinacea still in existence, which is flowering now. Need to rejig my flower borders completely - a mess!
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2009, 05:48 PM

My plants are all in containers, or scrambling up the fence to get away from my 4 dogs.
I am definitely going to buy better-quality hanging basket thingies next year - ATM I`m having to soak them every few days in the sink as they don`t retain water.

Vicki
Croydon, Surrey
Vicki is female 

08-08-2009, 09:45 PM

Only one of my four baskets did really well this year. Such a disappointment.

I also planted bulbs in all my pots but got very little back - shan't do that again.

I'll have to buy new hanging baskets next year - this was year three for mine, and they've only just made it
Calismum
Scotland
Calismum is female  Calismum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2009, 10:40 PM

Sweet peas were good this year. Earlt bulbs, daffs and tulips too. Roses have taken a bit of a blasting with the recent wind and rain.

Weeds and grass growing away well!
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2009, 03:25 PM

I live in a tiny 13.5' x13.5' studio apartment. But, add to that a 6' x 13.5' balcony and it seems huge. LOL I decided when I moved in to add a good deal of stuff to that balcony including an outdoor round table and two chairs, a bbq grill & a flower box. I chose 3 flower varieties: Petunias, African Daisies & Geraniums. They have thrived out there on the handrail so as to make the most of every inch of space.

dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2009, 04:23 PM

Brilliant colors!!

Roses and lilies are over; only things in bloom are ruellia, portulaca and geraniums. The orange geraniums I started from seed look very vigorous but haven't flowered yet...my fault, started them late.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top