Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 12:44 PM

Re: Why Don’t Cadbury’s Dairy Milk Easter Eggs Melt?

I put the rest of smashed up chocolate egg outside in the sun and it softened but didn’t melt. I spread it like butter on top of the cake and it seems fine.
I don’t think that chocolate liked the microwave at all!

I did have a Lindt bunny rabbit too but that’s for me and not to be wasted on top of a cake!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I put the rest of smashed up chocolate egg outside in the sun and it softened but didn’t melt. I spread it like butter on top of the cake and it seems fine.
I don’t think that chocolate liked the microwave at all!
Anti-melt has been incorporated, then .....

Cadbury's say:

Cadbury Dairy Milk chocolate is a rich dessert chocolate and therefore hard to melt. A plain chocolate like Bournville is very much easier and more successful in cooking.

Both need to be 'tempered' carefully which is extremely difficult to do at home successfully.
Having never heard of tempered chocolate, I can only point you in the right direction ......

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/gu...mper-chocolate (with video)

David P
South Oxfordshire
David P is male  David P has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2020, 11:21 PM

Possibly Kraft has reduced the amount of cocoa in the chocolate.
Made it to the American taste. Revolting to taste like those Hershey bars. One bite and straight in the bin.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 07:58 AM

This explains a lot!

On 4 August 2011, Kraft Foods announced they would be splitting into two companies beginning on 1 October 2012. The confectionery business of Kraft became Mondelez International, of which Cadbury would become a subsidiary.[70][71]

In response to diminishing margins in early 2014, Mondelez hired Accenture to implement a US$3 billion cost-cutting programme of the company's assets including Cadbury and Oreo. Beginning in 2015, Mondelez began closing Cadbury factories in several developed countries including Ireland, Canada, the United States, and New Zealand and shifting production to "advantaged" country locations like China, India, Brazil, and Mexico. The closure of Cadbury factories in centres such as Dublin, Montreal, Chicago, Philadelphia, and Dunedin in New Zealand generated outcries from the local populations. The plan received approval from several market shareholders including the Australian and New Zealand banks Westpac and ASB Bank.
It is now made in 'warm' countries! Mondelez have taken over Toblerone as well - it tastes vile now!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top