Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2020, 01:20 PM

Does Anyone Buy ‘Hello Fresh’ Meals?

Two people l know have raved about, Hello Fresh.
The company provides step by step recipes and fresh ingredients in a box that you cook from scratch.
They are delivered to your door.

Have you used, Hello Fresh?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2020, 01:21 PM

Re: Does Anyone Buy ‘Hello Fresh’ Meals?

No, I haven't Art.
Isn' that the one they advertise on telly?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2020, 01:24 PM

but why not just buy the ingredients? why buy a 'fresh' box which is probably more expensive than making up your own fresh box. It's like that Jane Plan, she sells nutritious meals that would be much cheaper if people just bought the ingredients themselves instead of a made up box of food?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2020, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
No, I haven't Art.
Isn' that the one they advertise on telly?
Mups, They probably do advertise but l always fast forward the adverts so l haven’t seen it!

I have googled it and it’s a German company.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2020, 01:40 PM

Hi

Nope, not me.

I like cooking and have plenty of veg.

I still have access to wholesale, good quality meat.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

21-08-2020, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
but why not just buy the ingredients? why buy a 'fresh' box which is probably more expensive than making up your own fresh box. It's like that Jane Plan, she sells nutritious meals that would be much cheaper if people just bought the ingredients themselves instead of a made up box of food?
LQ, Yes, many of us could just buy the ingredients, as we can cook but lots of people can’t cook and have absolutely no idea. Hello Fresh apparently, simplifies it all.

The box is delivered to your door, the recipes have step by step, timed instructions and the exact amount of ingredients in the box. So, no waste.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

21-08-2020, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Nope, not me.

I like cooking and have plenty of veg.

I still have access to wholesale, good quality meat.
Yes Swimmy, l know you like your food and you can cook but many people can’t and this method, hopefully simplifies it for them.

I’d imagine they are healthier than ready made meals that may contain additives and you just bung in the microwave
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2020, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
LQ, Yes, many of us could just buy the ingredients, as we can cook but lots of people can’t cook and have absolutely no idea. Hello Fresh apparently, simplifies it all.

The box is delivered to your door, the recipes have step by step, timed instructions and the exact amount of ingredients in the box. So, no waste.

Hi

I cannot imagine you getting so old and doddery Art that you have to use them.

You are as sharp as a razor.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2020, 01:55 PM

I've never heard of them but the I don't watch "telly" .....

Apparently, for example

https://www.hellofresh.co.uk/plans/

Classic Box

Choose from 26 delicious recipes every week

Great variety of British and World cuisine

Vegetarian and Balanced options available

Pork free? Low calorie? Set your preferences

Number of People 2

Recipes per week 3

£5.00 / meal

FREE daytime delivery
£5 for 2 people seems reasonable but if it's each then it's expensive, given that the portion sizes may not be "man-size".

There seems to be no "plan" for 1 and I'm not sure how you would split the recipe or retain half of a cooked meal.

I may look into it .....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

21-08-2020, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I cannot imagine you getting so old and doddery Art that you have to use them.

You are as sharp as a razor.
Swimmy, l don’t use them but l know people who do and they think they are great!

I still cook fresh ingredients from scratch as l absolutely love cooking. As for the housework?....... moving swiftly on!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top