Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 10:47 AM

Re: RNC 2020: Trump warns Republican convention of ‘rigged election’

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I am amazed by your continuing support for Trump who is doing the UK so much damage.
He's not our president Swims, he's doing the job he was elected to do, and doing it well in my opinion..
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2020, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Trump can't provide evidence of that happening and I doubt that you can ......
I can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV7oDl8yDZk&t=181s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mVx0k3DhdM
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2020, 10:43 AM

If, deliberately, making countless fake promises, in order to swing the gullible your way, is not Rigging" an election, I don't know what is.

The reported little counting & posting fiddles pale into insignificance against the fake promises.

But that's only an opinion, no party seems up to making a documented list of their promises before the poll happens.

Strangely, the Media don't seem to list the promises, versus the later reality, either!

Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2020, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
If, deliberately, making countless fake promises, in order to swing the gullible your way, is not Rigging" an election, I don't know what is.

The reported little counting & posting fiddles pale into insignificance against the fake promises.

But that's only an opinion, no party seems up to making a documented list of their promises before the poll happens.

Strangely, the Media don't seem to list the promises, versus the later reality, either!

Actually, they do - here's an example:

Trump has broken more promises than he’s kept

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...than-hes-kept/

Jan. 17, 2020 at 8:00 a.m. GMT

“I’ve completed more promises than I’ve made.”
— President Trump, during a campaign rally in Toledo, Jan. 9, 2020

With Trump nearing the end of his third year as president, it’s time for an update — and a reality check. Contrary to what he tells his fans, Trump has broken more key promises than he has kept. With our latest update, Trump has broken about 43 percent of 60 key promises — and kept about 35 percent. He settled for a compromise on 12 percent.

During the 2016 campaign, Trump made more than 280 promises, though many were contradictory or just uttered in a single campaign event. So that posed a conundrum: What would be a good list of promises to track that Trump was really serious about? We did not think it would be fair to rate a promise that might have been tossed out without much serious discussion by the candidate and his staff.

But Trump did issue a specific plan — what he called the “Contract with the American Voter.” He even signed it with his distinctive signature and invited supporters to sign their own copies. That plan listed 60 promises, some of which he said he would fulfill on the day he took the oath of office. Others, he said, would be implemented or launched in his first 100 days.

Of course, no one really expected him to meet those timelines. But this list seemed so specific — and official — that we decided it represented the ideal platform to measure Trump’s promises, even though it was perhaps a bit light on foreign policy.

Here’s a quick assessment of some of Trump’s most significant promises. The full list can be seen on the Trump Promise Tracker landing page.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top