Join for free
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2020, 05:20 PM

More Good News

Tony Abbot is a great choice

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/124983...-deal-supremo/
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2020, 06:01 PM

Re: More Good News

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Tony Abbot is a great choice

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/124983...-deal-supremo/
Yes, it makes you wanna cry. Apparently 40 years of EU membership has drained the UK from diplomats able to negotiate. Not one single brit is able to take on michel barnier? That makes barnier the best negotiator of the northern hemisphere! Nobody will sideline him!
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2020, 04:08 PM

I hope he drives some really great deals for us. I wonder if he could help batter Barnier and Co now?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2020, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I hope he drives some really great deals for us. I wonder if he could help batter Barnier and Co now?
I would call that a blamage for britain if an aussie succeeds where brits failed misearbly.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 08:17 PM

Shanker Singham makes some excellent points here

https://globalvisionuk.com/tony-abbo...ull-potential/
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

28-08-2020, 08:21 PM

Shanker Singham makes some excellent points here

https://globalvisionuk.com/tony-abbo...ull-potential/
Isn't this the same subject as the thread "more good news" from yesterday?

Apart from the fact that there is no decision as yet to appoint the man, it would be shameful if an aussie would succeed where the creme de la creme of british negotiators has failed or stuck in cheese.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

28-08-2020, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Isn't this the same subject as the thread "more good news" from yesterday?

Apart from the fact that there is no decision as yet to appoint the man, it would be shameful if an aussie would succeed where the creme de la creme of british negotiators has failed or stuck in cheese.
You don't understand
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

28-08-2020, 09:03 PM

You don't understand
Well, I understand this quote from shankar:

What the UK needs is more of the kind of entrepreneurial thinking that led to the Abbott decision.* When I set up the Special Trade Commission four years ago, which consisted of the world’s best trade negotiators and trade policy experts, they joined me in that venture because they all were* convinced of the opportunities that the UK’s newfound independent trade and regulatory policy meant not only for itself but for the wider world, at a time when global free trade and free markets were threatened.

I just wonder what he and his Special Trade Commission have been doing the last four years. Why aren't they all members of david frost's team of negotiators. Aren't they all true patriots and entrepreneurs?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 10:26 PM

You're welcome to him.

Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

28-08-2020, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
You're welcome to him.

I feel it is beneath the dignity of the UK to be stuck with dross like this man. Is there really no talent left that could do this job?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top