Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 04:02 PM

Re: EU Confirm Illegal Dutch Fishing

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
How long will it take the Dutch authorities to implement this EU rule? I'm betting on 1st January 2021 for UK waters (after we've got control back at midnight), and 1st July 2021 for EU waters. If the Dutch fishermen want to carry on all they have to do is appeal to the ECJ (they won't have a hope in hell in the UK's courts of course).

Depends as well what the quotas are for EU boats and where they have to land their catch. If they don't have the quotas for species such as sole which is what beam trawling targets then their fleet that uses this method won't be worth Jack sh*t.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
I understand that it is hard for someone like you to understand, but if the dutch say that no more than 15 vessels will operate at the same time, they are as good as their word.
The commission aknowledges that.

Nothing to do with quotas although the dutch ignore these as well, its the method used thats illegal.

Use your brain and read properly then you won't look silly all goes time.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

30-08-2020, 04:05 PM

It doesn't say that in the new fisheries bill.

Try reading it ...

That's the 2nd time I've had to tell you to read things in about 10 minutes.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Try reading it ...

That's the 2nd time I've had to tell you to read things in about 10 minutes.
I read it, and I'm telling you its not in there. Which to me proves you haven't read it yourself.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 04:35 PM

Nothing to do with quotas although the dutch ignore these as well, its the method used thats illegal.

Use your brain and read properly then you won't look silly all goes time.
If you used that half brain of yours you would know the method is not illegal (yet). So as long as the quota are not filled they can fish to their hearts desire.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

30-08-2020, 04:51 PM

If you used that half brain of yours you would know the method is not illegal (yet). So as long as the quota are not filled they can fish to their hearts desire.
The method was made illegal in about 1996 - the EU decided to ignore the scientific advise (by derogation) and allow a number of boats to use it.

Your Dutch fishermen are destroying the sea bed and natural habitat by not only fishing using methods that were banned in 1996 (although with permission from your EU colonial masters) and then over fishing it.

I really can't wait for January 1st when your fishing industry is destroyed. It's the price you will pay for your grubby little industry, that shows no respect for the law, the environment and other peoples territories.

I would really recommend you actually read this articles. You can read can't you ?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

30-08-2020, 08:32 PM

The method was made illegal in about 1996 - the EU decided to ignore the scientific advise (by derogation) and allow a number of boats to use it.

Your Dutch fishermen are destroying the sea bed and natural habitat by not only fishing using methods that were banned in 1996 (although with permission from your EU colonial masters) and then over fishing it.

I really can't wait for January 1st when your fishing industry is destroyed. It's the price you will pay for your grubby little industry, that shows no respect for the law, the environment and other peoples territories.

Iwould really recommend you actually read this articles.

You can read can't you ?
No worries, I can read since the age of 6. But kindly provide the articles so I can read them?
Getting a bit too excited by the idea of destruction of peoples jobs to remember to provide links to the articles you need me to read?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 08:49 PM

No worries, I can read since the age of 6. But kindly provide the articles so I can read them?
Getting a bit too excited by the idea of destruction of peoples jobs to remember to provide links to the articles you need me to read?
Your lost jobs Solly will be our gained jobs, simple !
After all you had no trouble destroying our industry a few years
ago did you??

Donkeyman! 👍👍😁😁👍👍
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

30-08-2020, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Your lost jobs Solly will be our gained jobs, simple !
After all you had no trouble destroying our industry a few years
ago did you??

Donkeyman! 👍👍😁😁👍👍
The UK fishing industry is doing just fine, except in england, where in the past fishers sold their quotas to foreign boats. If anyone destroyed the english fisheries its the fishermen themselves, by making short time decisions.

Under terms outlined in the fisheries bill, which is currently going through HoC, the government does not intend to return the foreign-owned quota to UK fishermen.
It has said only that it is "reviewing…with a view to strengthening the rules" surrounding foreign ownership of UK-flagged boats.

Current rules say even if vessels are 100% foreign-owned, they must have an "economic link" to the UK. That means they must meet one of five conditions, which include landing more than half their catch at UK ports or having majority british crews.

Last march, environment secretary george eustice said planned changes under the fisheries bill will ensure foreign-owned boats "are required to land 65% of their catch in UK ports, and return more economic benefit to the UK".
He even said that: "In future any foreign company that wanted to buy vessels in the UK might well be able to, but it would be subject to that new condition."

That's a long way from the interpretation in brexit media about taking back control of fishing water, or banning EU ships from british waters.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

30-08-2020, 09:35 PM

The UK fishing industry is doing just fine, except in england, where in the past fishers sold their quotas to foreign boats. If anyone destroyed the english fisheries its the fishermen themselves, by making short time decisions.

Under terms outlined in the fisheries bill, which is currently going through HoC, the government does not intend to return the foreign-owned quota to UK fishermen.
It has said only that it is "reviewing…with a view to strengthening the rules" surrounding foreign ownership of UK-flagged boats.

Current rules say even if vessels are 100% foreign-owned, they must have an "economic link" to the UK. That means they must meet one of five conditions, which include landing more than half their catch at UK ports or having majority british crews.

Last march, environment secretary george eustice said planned changes under the fisheries bill will ensure foreign-owned boats "are required to land 65% of their catch in UK ports, and return more economic benefit to the UK".
He even said that: "In future any foreign company that wanted to buy vessels in the UK might well be able to, but it would be subject to that new condition."

That's a long way from the interpretation in brexit media about taking back control of fishing water, or banning EU ships from british waters.

You should read it.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top