Join for free
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2020, 12:51 PM

Re: Barnier Demands a Veto on UK Laws

Mind you if the UK thinks Tony Abbott is the answer to your trade problems then you might be in bigger trouble than you realise.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2020, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Mind you if the UK thinks Tony Abbott is the answer to your trade problems then you might be in bigger trouble than you realise.

He's the best man for the job
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2020, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Barnier now realises the potential of the UK outside of the trappings of the EU.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/UKNews1/idUKKBN25W04R

Strange that nobody has realised that this describes the level playing field that has been on the table since the beginning. Have the british untill now not thought on what the EU has been saying, but just staring blindly at their own demands? Goes to show how inexperienced british negotiators are.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2020, 01:18 PM

What trade problems Brucy ?
UK is the customer ?
Dont suppliers need customers ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2020, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
He's the best man for the job
Says a lot about the british men on the job.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

05-09-2020, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
What trade problems Brucy ?
UK is the customer ?
Dont suppliers need customers ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
The british economy floats on what it sells, donks. No exports, no income for the nation's treasury coffers.

Half of what you export goes to the EU, 8% of what the EU exports goes to the UK. So who needs who more?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2020, 02:05 PM

Actually, this is all becoming quite entertaining!

Barmy comes here and continues his discussion strategy: "I demand this, I demand that."

Frost tells him to sod off!

Nothing changes. Nothing has changed for months now and I can't imagine it will before the end of the year.

What is happening is that the world is witnessing the EU's unreasonable demands - demands that they EU haven't dared to make to Canada, Japan or any other nation they are attempting to make agreements with.
Only with us.

If any other country thinks that is a reasonable strategy to follow, they must live on another planet.

The EU are making themselves look 'untouchable' to third countries. No wonder they are struggling to complete trade agreements.

On the contrary, we have behaved politely, reasonably, and steadfastly. An attitude that other countries will respect and even admire.

I'm really looking forward to what happens throughout the world in the new year, and I'll laugh my head off if the EU get their just desserts!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

05-09-2020, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

Barmy comes here and continues his discussion strategy: "I demand this, I demand that."

Nothing changes. Nothing has changed for months now and I can't imagine it will before the end of the year.

What is happening is that the world is witnessing the EU's unreasonable demands - demands that they EU haven't dared to make to Canada, Japan or any other nation they are attempting to make agreements with.
Only with us.

If any other country thinks that is a reasonable strategy to follow, they must live on another planet.

The EU are making themselves look 'untouchable' to third countries. No wonder they are struggling to complete trade agreements.

On the contrary, we have behaved politely, reasonably, and steadfastly. An attitude that other countries will respect and even admire.

I'm really looking forward to what happens throughout the world in the new year, and I'll laugh my head off if the EU get their just desserts!

And the reality is the britain and brexit are yesterdays news.
Boris Johnson’s hopes of a*Brexit*deal have been dealt a fresh blow as Brussels ruled out EU leaders intervening in the troubled negotiations at a summit this month.

According to EU diplomats, both the EU’s chief negotiator, Michel Barnier, and Downing Street have lobbied for 27 heads of state and government to seize control of the talks given the current impasse.

Despite the parlous state of the talks, the former Belgian prime minister Charles Michel, who now chairs the leaders’ meetings as president of the European council, has decided to focus on the bloc’s recovery from the coronavirus and relations with China at the summit on 25 September.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2020, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

Only with us.

They look a bunch of amateurs
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2020, 04:45 PM

He's only here as an unpaid advisor.

Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top