Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 12:33 PM

Jonathan Jones Gone

A huge cheer goes up as Jonathan Jones quits ...

Great news for the UK as another arch remained falls on his sword.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-br...-idUKKBN25Z1GT
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 01:21 PM

Re: Jonathan Jones Gone

Absolutely no loss whatsoever. Now bring in someone who believes in Britain, We don't need somweone who is willing to play patsy to a dictatorship.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
A huge cheer goes up as Jonathan Jones quits ...

Great news for the UK as another arch remained falls on his sword.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-br...-idUKKBN25Z1GT
Like any lawyer he can oversee the ramifications of what that bungling fool of a pm of yours is causing for his country. I bet dominic cummings will become new head of the legal department.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 02:08 PM

Now that's a thought!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
absolutely no loss whatsoever. Now bring in someone who believes in britain, we don't need somweone who is willing to play patsy to a dictatorship.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 03:03 PM

Now that's a thought!
Boris Johnson's reported bid to override parts of his Brexit deal "does break international law", a minister has admitted - as the head of the government's legal department quit over his concerns about the move.

Northern Ireland Secretary Brandon Lewis made the confession to MPs in the Commons, but insisted the legal breach would be in a "very specific and limited way". https://news.sky.com/story/jonathan-...s-say-12066488

Oh, then it alright. Boris is only a limited criminal!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

08-09-2020, 07:41 PM

Must admit, I'm trying to get my head around this Northern Ireland protocol that Boris is stating he may change.

I was of the understanding that the Withdrawal Agreement becomes irrelevant anyway if a No Deal comes into being. Surely then, changes by Boris over the practicalities of the Irish Protocol with regard to state aid and a border in the Irish Sea, both of which I understand are still being negotiated by a joint EU and UK committee,) I don't see the problem?

All I seem to hear is the usual booing from the EU's remain puppets as is usual, sniping again at every opportunity. Good on Boris protecting businesses both here on the mainland and N.I.in the event of a No Deal? The DUP warned about the content of the WA when it first went through, and are backing Boris with this move.

If it brings mock indignation from the EU and their cries of 'Rogue State!' he must be doing something right to put the fear of God into them. Go Boris!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

08-09-2020, 07:46 PM

Must admit, I'm trying to get my head around this Northern Ireland protocol that Boris is stating he may change.

I was of the understanding that the Withdrawal Agreement becomes irrelevant anyway if a No Deal comes into being. Surely then, changes by Boris over the practicalities of the Irish Protocol with regard to state aid and a border in the Irish Sea, both of which I understand are still being negotiated by a joint EU and UK committee,) I don't see the problem?

All I seem to hear is the usual booing from the EU's remain puppets as is usual, sniping again at every opportunity. Good on Boris protecting businesses both here on the mainland and N.I.in the event of a No Deal? The DUP warned about the content of the WA when it first went through, and are backing Boris with this move.

If it brings mock indignation from the EU, he must be doing something right. Go Boris!

The WA becomes irrelevant but in the case of a no deal the Irish protocol still stands as its separate to the WA.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

08-09-2020, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
The WA becomes irrelevant but in the case of a no deal the Irish protocol still stands as its separate to the WA.
Yes, I do understand that Bread, the Irish Protocol is very important, so could someone then please explain to me what 'practicalities' are there that are still being negotiated if it is all signed and sealed? (s'ok, got my candyfloss head on tonight)
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

08-09-2020, 07:57 PM

Yes, I do understand that Bread, the Irish Protocol is very important, so could someone then please explain to me what 'practicalities' are there that are still being negotiated if it is all signed and sealed? (s'ok, got my candyfloss head on tonight)

The bits in question in the Irish Protocol are very vague in some areas (I forget the exact area in question but I think its section 82 ?) So what we are doing us clarifying them in a way thats in favour to the UK.

Edit : its being done under clause 38 where the Government has reserved the right to make clarifications under the sovereignty clause.

Looks like we've been way ahead of the EU in the negotiations.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top