Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2020, 05:12 PM

Re: UK Legal Position on the Northern Ireland Protocol

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Next general election is some time away. You could be dead and buried by that time.
You should no forget Barmiers mantra Solly !
NOTHING IS AGREED TILL ALL IS IS AGREED!
He hasnt said that for some time has he ??

Donkeyman! 👍😁👍
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2020, 05:25 PM

I'm sure I will be corrected if I am wrong, but I am sure I read on some Government website that the Internal Market Bill has to be passed before the end of the transition period on 31st December at 11pm and this means there will be limited time for Parliament to scrutinise this significant piece of legislation. It will need to pass in both the Commons and the Lords before it can become law and they will be able to table amendments.

If this is correct - good move Boris! Don't give em' an inch.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2020, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I'm sure I will be corrected if I am wrong, but I am sure I read on some Government website that the Internal Market Bill has to be passed before the end of the transition period on 31st December at 11pm and this means there will be limited time for Parliament to scrutinise this significant piece of legislation. It will need to pass in both the Commons and the Lords before it can become law and they will be able to table amendments.

You are right.
Monday second reading in HoC. Let's see how many elect to become rogue buccaneers
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2020, 06:30 PM

Bring back Margaret Thatcher and Enoch Powell!!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2020, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Bring back Margaret Thatcher and Enoch Powell!!
Those were happy times for you?
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2020, 04:32 PM

First round of debates in the HoC are scheduled for Monday. Several amendments are likely to be laid at the same time.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2020, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
First round of debates in the HoC are scheduled for Monday. Several amendments are likely to be laid at the same time.

The amendments will be very interesting to read ... whoever tables them exposes themselves as someone anti democratic, doesn't care about the unity of our union and is prepared to sell out Northern Ireland to Brussels.

Pity the fool who tries that, they are grossly mis judging the mood of the people and the strength of Boris majority.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2020, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
The amendments will be very interesting to read ... whoever tables them exposes themselves as someone anti democratic, doesn't care about the unity of our union and is prepared to sell out Northern Ireland to Brussels.

Pity the fool who tries that, they are grossly mis judging the mood of the people and the strength of Boris majority.
How will the covid precautions affect the debating and the voting??
I hope virtual debates wont be allowed?
BTW what is the minimum number of Lords required for debates and
for voting?? Just asking!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

12-09-2020, 05:04 PM

Does that mean that Boris CANT over rule the lords SG ???

Donkeyman! 👎😟👎
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2020, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
How will the covid precautions affect the debating and the voting??
I hope virtual debates wont be allowed?
BTW what is the minimum number of Lords required for debates and
for voting?? Just asking!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
I dont think covid will have any effect on this at all.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top