Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 09:00 AM

Re: How Did Cheating Become Acceptable?

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
You must have met my parents.
Liars and cheats disgust me in all aspects of life.
I agree with you Bratti!

The real problem is that, those who seem proud of that kind of behaviour don't realize that others can achieve a good life with honesty & ability! That tells me that they may be good at cheating and lying & even make a good living, but the only people who will respect them are other cheats and liars.

Are they really such fools that they believe promises from other cheats and liars?
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I agree with you Bratti!

The real problem is that, those who seem proud of that kind of behaviour don't realize that others can achieve a good life with honesty & ability! That tells me that they may be good at cheating and lying & even make a good living, but the only people who will respect them are other cheats and liars.

Are they really such fools that they believe promises from other cheats and liars?
Nothing matters to those who cheat, lie and deceive others as they do not have a conscience! It's the lack of this that allows them to be as they are in the first place, without any thought for others whatsoever!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 09:33 AM

I agree with you Bratti!

They usually only have to believe once.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Cheating is NEVER acceptable.
It certainly is if it gets you what you want but there's more.

Realising that it is acceptable means that you trust no-one, just some more than others but NEVER 100%.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 10:33 AM

Looking at the synopsis of your life I'm wondering how you think you have cheated ? we might have a different definition of what is considered a cheat for instance blagging it to get the right job...could just be considered an exaggeration.....maybe you could give an example ?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
But I really couldn't give a stuff what other people think. I sorta enjoy this forum because it's rather fun seeing how people think and react but that's about all.

Small point though, what I've done has on occasions needed to do things that meant taking advantages that showed themselves, but by no means have I wandered around ripping off everyone I encountered, just that when it was markedly advantageous to do so then if I could I did.

Nothing wrong in that.
Just out of interest as you are a self confessed cheat ....Have you ever cheated on your wife?
Well, you might as well go the whole hog, if cheating floats your boat so much!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 10:45 AM

Cheating to me is a type of theft, carried out by weak people. I’d rather lose than cheat.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
They usually only have to believe once.
That once could be all that is required to ruin your life though

I have had a good life, but that is down to doing a good job, making the right decisions & being honest!
I left my long term job after 27 years, because I wanted to see what else I could do... and the next 5 temporary jobs all asked me to become permanent staff with them.
I am proud that my employers admired my ability & I have always been able to provide for myself...even when I was married.

How proud would you have been, if you had lied at your interview, and your employers had found out & sacked you?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

15-12-2019, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Looking at the synopsis of your life I'm wondering how you think you have cheated ? we might have a different definition of what is considered a cheat for instance blagging it to get the right job...could just be considered an exaggeration.....maybe you could give an example ?
In that case it was "bigging up" my experience.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

15-12-2019, 11:56 AM

That once could be all that is required to ruin your life though

I have had a good life, but that is down to doing a good job, making the right decisions & being honest!
I left my long term job after 27 years, because I wanted to see what else I could do... and the next 5 temporary jobs all asked me to become permanent staff with them.
I am proud that my employers admired my ability & I have always been able to provide for myself...even when I was married.

How proud would you have been, if you had lied at your interview, and your employers had found out & sacked you?
Just a bit hacked off at having been found out! Certainly nothing more.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top