Join for free
Page 4 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2013, 08:46 PM

Re: 60's music. everyone remembers and loves it

Originally Posted by Agent ->
Mags how come your vid works and mine doesn't.. the URL's the same.. puzzled smiley ..
Tony, this was your first vid posted .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=lhH-iNk1ZV8

You need to use this part of the URL only:

lhH-iNk1ZV8

Type in [ yt ] at the beginning of the code then type in [ /yt ] at the end of it.

Make sure you don't leave any spaces between the brackets and yt at beginning and end though (I had to do that to be able to type it on here to show you)
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2013, 09:50 PM

How much more complicated can it get! I've given up trying to post things!

Donovan of course! the greatest song writer and poet of all time!
"A Gift From A Flower To A Garden" 1968
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2013, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Hazel - Mags .... had 'never' heard the track above .... nice
Thanks Mag fraid it's been a blank day today , Pats that was out as a B side but I had it on EP, remember them??
Agent
north east
Agent is male  Agent has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2013, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->

lhH-iNk1ZV8

Type in [ yt ] at the beginning of the code then type in [ /yt ] at the end of it.

Make sure you don't leave any spaces between the brackets and yt at beginning and end though (I had to do that to be able to type it on here to show you)
Agent
north east
Agent is male  Agent has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2013, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->

lhH-iNk1ZV8

Got it ta verily
Agent
north east

05-07-2013, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->

Hows this Twizard..

MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2013, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->

Hmmmmm - I'm afraid we always regarded Donovan as a bit of a joke - a kind of fourth rate Dylan impersonator. But that's the wonderful thing about music, it's so personal. What I love, you might think is rubbish and vice versa and we are probably both right.
The thing with the 60's (and every other era) is that there was some great stuff produced and there was also a lot of dross. Some bands which were huge at the time but very average (Billy J Kramer and the Dakotas, Freddie and the Dreamers, The Big Three, The Applejacks, Wayne Fontana and the Mindbenders for example), have rightly been forgotten. Some which were equally bad (the Monkees) have somehow achieved cult status; and some which were brilliant and innovative have almost been forgotten (Procul Harum, Traffic, Yardbirds, Incredible String Band).
Agent
north east

05-07-2013, 08:00 AM

like this MickB
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2013, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
Hmmmmm - I'm afraid we always regarded Donovan as a bit of a joke - a kind of fourth rate Dylan impersonator. But that's the wonderful thing about music, it's so personal. What I love, you might think is rubbish and vice versa and we are probably both right.
The thing with the 60's (and every other era) is that there was some great stuff produced and there was also a lot of dross. Some bands which were huge at the time but very average (Billy J Kramer and the Dakotas, Freddie and the Dreamers, The Big Three, The Applejacks, Wayne Fontana and the Mindbenders for example), have rightly been forgotten. Some which were equally bad (the Monkees) have somehow achieved cult status; and some which were brilliant and innovative have almost been forgotten (Procul Harum, Traffic, Yardbirds, Incredible String Band).
There was some dross in the 60s - as every other era in music but - the 60s was the best era for diversity, fab bands such as The Beatles, Stones, Kinks, The hollies ...
Frank Sinatra going strong, Tony Bennet, Beach Boys and the fantastic Tamla Motown sound .....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2013, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by hazel ->
Thanks Mag fraid it's been a blank day today , Pats that was out as a B side but I had it on EP, remember them??
Yes EPs - fab .... Didn't have many tho' about 6 .... Listen to the oldies every weekend - bliss .....

Page 4 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top