Join for free
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 12:25 AM

My Prayer

Dear Lord, thou sayest in thy teachings that quote 'The meek shall inherit the earth' unquote. Well, what I'd really like to knoweth is, when?

I dost consider that I hast been very meek indeed up to now, even to the point where people keep accusing me of being an apathetic wimp. In spite of this all I hast inherited thus far is five hundred smackers when mine uncle went to sitteth at thy right hand (we hope).

Now I knowest it's all a matter of relativity and that, to many of the multitude, this sum is an awful lot of shekels. I must admiteth that the cash didst cometh in handy but, in this humble servants opinion, five hundred quid isn't really 'The Earth'. A couple more zeros and perhaps we're talking turkey.

Couldst thou please showeth me in thy divine fashion how I might be even meeker so I canst inheriteth a good bit more.

Amen.

From thy humble servant, Martin.

(I hope The Lord hath a sense of humour or it's the fiery furnace for me)
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 12:50 AM

Re: My Prayer

It ain't a question of whether the 'Lord' has a sense of humour but whether you is asking in the right fashion and using the right cell phone (religious channel). Only a few are open these days apparently.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 06:41 AM

Thou doth writeth a humoureth tale Marteth.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2015, 12:24 AM

Dear God I know you dont exist else you would let me win the lottery as you know i would do so much good with it,
Course if you do bless me with the euro millions i will have a serious rethink.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top