Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 05:20 PM

Re: Do you still wear a wrist watch

Originally Posted by Missy ->
For years I worked in a kitchen, no jewellery , watches etc allowed

Now I work in vegetable processing, very wet area. No point in having a watch on when you are up to your elbows in water and hose pipes are in use constantly
No it would be awkward wearing a watch in those circumstances.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
The Dark Side of the Noon.
"Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day"
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 05:43 PM

Yes, I have the white band in the sunburn of my left arm!

Must remember to wear the watch on the other arm occasionally!

Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by floydy ->
"ticking away the moments that make up a dull day"
:-d:-d:-d
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 06:46 PM

Yup never without.
Day to day a cheapo Casio. Nights out my dads old watch.
Holidays a tough waterproof Casio.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 07:40 PM

Yep. It's a Seiko with a steel wristband,bought in N.E. Australia when diving around the Great Barrier Reef,circa twenty-five years ago. Mine broke,so I bought this,costing 90 dollars Australian. The bloke told me it's waterproof to 300 metres. My reply was "If I'm 300 metres underwater,the last thing I'll care about is what time it is!" [only not so politely] I was totally amazed when just idly looking through ebay recently,to find an identical model on sale for £350. Do I notice it? Nahhh...it's like just a necklace,in that you only really notice it if other people mention it. Other than that,it's just,sort of,'there'.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 07:58 PM

I haven't worn a watch since the battery died in mine. I have the time on my phone like most people, when out, so I just use that if nowhere where there's a clock handy & I need to know. At home there are clocks everywhere, on my pc, on the cooker & in the living room & sun lounge. I am never far from the time. Though possibly I am behind them.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 07:59 PM

Yep. I wear a really old one and wouldn't part with it.
I'm trying to work out how long... must be 30 yrs perhaps?
It's the only one that works on me.

I was 10 when I got my first watch. Whenever I wore it, it went haywire and stopped working. Dad backed it inside with something. Subsequent watches over the years did the same. Backing them seemed to work.

Fast forward to when I became a driving instructor - I didn't have a watch. So, the manager at BSM where I worked lent me his till I got one. Within half an hour of wearing it, it was wrong. When I gave it him back he thought I'd broken it. As soon as he reset the time, it worked fine.

So this watch I have has always worked. I feel bare without it. Only comes off for baths/showers.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 10:53 PM

Yes, I've worn one for 50 years, and still look at the time. I own several, mostly coordinated with my attire of the day.

When I hurry out the door and forget, I feel half dressed.

Gee, that didn't sound just right
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by FridgeMagnet ->
I haven’t worn or used a wrist watch for at least 7 years now. Not since I’ve carried a smart phone around with me.
I don't have a smart phone.
When I go out walking my dog I meet others. We don't need a phone of of any sort to communicate. We actually talk. With real voices.

Just to be clear, even though I'm in my seventies, I am not technologically challenged. I'm here for a start. I have a tablet, a Kindle, a watch that incorporates a pedometer...stuff.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top