Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 09:53 PM

Duvet Day

Have you ever had one? It's a day when you just cannot be bothered with life, a day spent snuggled up in your duvet, or shuffling about with it around your shoulders like a cosy, unwieldy cape. Feel like having mine tomorrow.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 10:15 PM

Re: Duvet Day

It must be incredibly tempting to have duvet days every day once you retire. It's actually a sign of depression.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Have you ever had one? It's a day when you just cannot be bothered with life, a day spent snuggled up in your duvet, or shuffling about with it around your shoulders like a cosy, unwieldy cape. Feel like having mine tomorrow.
LOL - it is one of those things that always sounds tempting - but - the one time tried it I just could not relax. Lay there thinking of all the exciting things I could be doing and gave up after about half an hour.

Good luck with yours, Cinderella.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It must be incredibly tempting to have duvet days every day once you retire.
Don't you believe it - retirement is too good to waste!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 10:29 PM

Overdone it in the garden, just need to have a recovery day.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

12-10-2018, 06:55 AM

Overdone it in the garden, just need to have a recovery day.

Enjoy - sounds like you deserve it!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 08:20 AM

Never had one...I know for sure if I did all the world and his dog would choose to visit me that day
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 08:26 AM

No, I have much more important things to do than staying in bed all day, unless I was ill.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 08:42 AM

Eh!..shuffle around with a duvet around My shoulders all day...I'd probably trip and break My neck..nope ..My Duvet will stay on My bed where it belongs...Mind You I have been known to put a fresh Kaftan on after My shower instead of getting dressed,and Today's one of those days as it's blowing a gale and pouring with rain here,so in for the day and I know there will be no visitors
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 09:43 AM

Only time I've attempted it dogs have still needed walking and kids have needed feeding and getting outside, not easy with a duvet dragging behind you

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top