Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2019, 03:29 PM

Re: Spud u like closing outlets?

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
It's a dog eat dog world. I repeat, employees are only a resource. There is no room for sentiment in business. Employers owe employees nothing beyond what is set out in the contract of employment, employees owe employers nothing that is not set out in their contract of employment. It's a changed world.
Employer and employee mutually adhering to their contracts, as it should be.

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Employers don't think that way though. they always expect more. I have worked for companies that get upset when the workers leave on time.
Employers attempting to ignore the contract with the employee, totally wrong!

Well off course! It's only natural to get the most from a resource that can be got! Doing anything less is a waste.
That makes it acceptable for the employer to ignore the contract with the employee then?
To me that seems very much like an employer exploiting their employee!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2019, 07:23 AM

Well ... whatever the reasons/logic (ha Ha ) behind the closure - I will miss them. They were my only concession to 'fast food' given that there is not a lot you can do to adulterate a baked potato. They were probably the only good thing in McArthur Glen, a boring designer outlet near York that my friends keep dragging me into!

R.I.P. Spud-u-Like!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2019, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Employers don't think that way though. they always expect more. I have worked for companies that get upset when the workers leave on time.
Its always annoying when the gaffer calls from the Golf Course, to check all is well with the business.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2019, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Well ... whatever the reasons/logic (ha Ha ) behind the closure - I will miss them. They were my only concession to 'fast food' given that there is not a lot you can do to adulterate a baked potato. They were probably the only good thing in McArthur Glen, a boring designer outlet near York that my friends keep dragging me into!

R.I.P. Spud-u-Like!
Amen to that Tabby, it looks like being Pret-a-Manger or go hungry the next time I visit York Designer Outlet. Although for something more substantial and different, Wagamama's not too bad....
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2019, 08:49 AM

That Shepherds Bush Spudulike as pictured in the DM (OP link), is now a Chicken Cottage

Wiki says ...

... a UK-based fast food chain ... using halal ingredients.
Hmmm ... I wonder if they are here to stay.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2019, 08:55 AM

Baked potato outlets don't interest me because it's just so easy to do at home, especially in this microwave age .... 10 mins in the mike to cook, 20 in the oven to crisp.

Easier and less smelly than fish, chips, burgers, fried chicken 'n all.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2019, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Baked potato outlets don't interest me because it's just so easy to do at home, especially in this microwave age .... 10 mins in the mike to cook, 20 in the oven to crisp.

Easier and less smelly than fish, chips, burgers, fried chicken 'n all.
Trouble is d00d, No Microwave!......

And it's nice to get out of the house every once in a while and watch the world go by eating a nice jacket spud smothered in chilli con carne.....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2019, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Trouble is d00d, No Microwave!......
Any reason?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

07-08-2019, 11:46 AM

Any reason?
Never felt the need Todger, now I'm retired time is of the essence and I can stand hobside waiting for a pan to heat up slowly, without cremating the contents and allowing them to stick to the bottom....

And....the kitchen is so small you can't rotate a deceased feline furry animal in there and also Mrs Fox hates clutter on her work surfaces......

And I'm a boring old fart who's stuck in the past....
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK

07-08-2019, 11:59 AM

My mother used to bake pots in the Aga for an hour or two. I don't know how long they take -realistically- in a conventional oven, depends on the size I guess.

Apart from warming milk for coffee, it's the only time the microwave gets used ... baked pots once a fortnight.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top