Join for free
Page 22 of 51 « First < 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 12:42 AM

Re: Extinction the facts

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Sorry to disagree Muddy, but you are the one covered in silica.
60% of the world are living in poverty so the last thing on their minds is saving the planet for their children. They have enough trouble surviving.

30% of the world's population enjoy all the trappings and latest innovations that 21st century has to offer, they give climate change lip service but are not inclined to do anything different or give up their labour saving devices and pleasures. You and me are in this category Muddy, except I know the truth and realise there is no reason to even give it lip service.

Then we have the 10%....Excruciatingly rich and powerful, and can manipulate and deceive the great unwashed by using the media and internet (which they own and control incidentally) and have convinced the general public that they can help like some kind of modern day Flash Gordon......"We only have sixteen hours to save the world!" It's all bollox Muddy and you've been had!
That is a cop out OGF .
We can’t do anything because we all have labour saving devices .and 10% of rich people have manipulated us all in to thinking we can save the planet .
You are kidding yourself .
It’s understandable - because if you allow yourself to glimpse what is coming it’s frightening
The seas are already rising . Many places are no longer habitable because of it - this trend will continue and it’s no good saying it’s the 10% of rich people manipulating us you know in your heart the consequences look dire unless we all do something and do it pretty quick ..
Denying the reality of the situation won’t make it go away .
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 12:48 AM

California governor Newsom has just signed a order into law requiring all NEW VEHICLES , by 2035, to be zero emissions.

There is no doubt that along with the above, California will begin a campaign to get older internal combustion engines off the highways by taxing gas so high that only the super rich will be able to afford gasoline. This is the end of cars for the poorer segments of society.

Well, all I can say is I'm glad that I will be long since dead and rotting in my grave before this happens. The thought that I could never again get into the 'back country' on one of those ridiculous, tiny, under powered, electric "golf carts" is more than I could bear.

I has taken longer than George Orwell predicted but 1984 has arrived. I truly feel sorry for future generations, because they will never know any real freedom to go where, and when they feel like. They will be limited to how far they can go in their little "golf carts". Dear God, what a depressing thought.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 12:59 AM

Our government has done the same Bakerman.
It’s in order to reach our target of zero emissions by 2050.
I will be long gone by then But I have three young grandchildren .
They will not have the life we have lived .
The days of unlimited travel are over .
( I see you have added The same thoughts )
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Our government has done the same Bakerman.
It’s in order to reach our target of zero emissions by 2050.
I will be long gone by then But I have three young grandchildren .
They will not have the life we have lived .
The days of unlimited travel are over .
( I see you have added The same thoughts )
I was scheduled to have heart surgery soon. But after todays news I see no sense in being emasculated and living in a brave new world controlled by Big Brother.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

24-09-2020, 01:09 AM

This is the world that we ( humans ) have made
bakerman
Mexico

24-09-2020, 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
This is the world that we ( humans ) have made
Yes, that's probably true.

Little by little, a piece at a time, the government, and certain extremist groups take away our freedoms. Perhaps even our reasons for living.

First it was an attack on smokers; now cigarettes cost a small fortune. Once we could go to a pub, have a decent meal and enjoy conversations with friends and relax with a cigarette and coffee. No more. Those days are gone... forever.

Certain groups are desperately trying to deny us a basic right to even eat meat. They will soon force all of us to be vegetarians.

Now, with the death of internal combustion engines at our doorstep, we lose any right to travel further than a battery will allow. Always dreamed of driving across a continent ? Good luck trying to get a battery recharged on a photo safari in the middle of Africa, or even in the wilds of Canada for that matter.

Always wanted to go fly fishing for steelhead on the Fraser River in Canada ? Better do it damn soon. Those days are soon to end.

Take a good look at the photo below. Your great grandchildren will have absolutely no idea how that man got to a place where he could catch such a fish. I guarantee he didn't get there in an electric golf cart. A 4-wheel drive vehicle is an absolute necessity. See that outboard motor boat ? It too will soon become illegal.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1414.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	13770  
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

24-09-2020, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Yes, that's probably true.

Little by little, a piece at a time, the government, and certain extremist groups take away our freedoms. Perhaps even our reasons for living.

First it was an attack on smokers; now cigarettes cost a small fortune. Once we could go to a pub, have a decent meal and enjoy conversations with friends and relax with a cigarette and coffee. No more. Those days are gone... forever.
Thank goodness !
Look at this from the other point of view .
As a child I had to go to school on a bus and train . Thanks to smokers I was terribly travel sick all the time.
As an adult living overseas long haul flights with my three little children were made hellish by smokers .
As for relaxing with a meal how many meals have been ruined by smokers who spread their stinking smoke all over you .
Smoke that is proven to cause cancer and other respiratory diseases .
Whereas none smokers don’t hurt anyone pub attendance tripled after the smoking ban - all those non smokers wanted to enjoy a meal and a drink too !
Nope I’m glad that those days are gone.

Certain groups are desperately trying to deny us a basic right to even eat meat. They will soon force all of us to be vegetarians.
I don’t know what groups these are but their are valid reasons for not eating meat . Firstly the humanitarian one . I eat meat but I am very conscious that a living sentient being died so I may eat meat but I want to know it had a good as life as possible and a pain free death . I don’t eat pork pigs know too much and die in terror .That is my belief it doesn’t affect other meat eaters .
Secondly and this relates to this topic raising meat is a prime cause of climate change . Deforestation for cattle farming has decimated the rainforests And cattle produce huge amounts of methane one of the main greenhouse gases.
Moreover Bakerman too much meat isn’t good for us .
Smoking and meat eating lead to heart disease.

Now, with the death of internal combustion engines at our doorstep, we lose any right to travel further than a battery will allow. Always dreamed of driving across a continent ? Good luck trying to get a battery recharged on a photo safari in the middle of Africa, or even in the wilds of Canada for that matter.
Yes this won’t be so easy but you can still go by train .
We have had a good run ( at the worlds expense ) cheap and easy travel is no more

Always wanted to go fly fishing for steelhead on the Fraser River in Canada ? Better do it damn soon. Those days are soon to end.

Take a good look at the photo below. Your great grandchildren will have absolutely no idea how that man got to a place where he could catch such a fish. I guarantee he didn't get there in an electric golf cart. A 4-wheel drive vehicle is an absolute necessity. See that outboard motor boat ? It too will soon become illegal.
My great grandchildren will have far greater worries to contend with . And for that reason , for their future, we must act now to try and mitigate the damage we have done to the planet .
We owe it to them.
bakerman
Mexico

24-09-2020, 07:18 AM

Muddy, your great grandchildren will have a future that I would not want to be a part of, and I don't refer to climate change. Ecologically aware Big Brother will rule their lives. Our cultures are being swamped by illegal aliens. The cultures of the UK and the US will be unrecognizable. No thank you. Not the kind of life I could cope with.

Hearing about California's plan to force car makers to produce zero emissions vehicles, those hideous, light weight, plastic, limited range, vehicles has left me feeling trapped in a nightmare.

The people of the future will think that going to a tiny city park, in their electric golf carts, as going to "the country".

Heaven knows what farmers will use to plow, plant and harvest their crops. Solar powered tractors that run for 45 minutes max ?

As for train travel, many of the finest wild places in America and Canada are many hours drive away from any trains. God knows how long it would take to get even close to those places in an electric golf cart.

This thread is freaking me out. I now leave the discussion to those who jump for joy at the prospect of a near total loss of freedom.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 11:00 AM

You are assuming that there are going to be children in the future Muddy, if the people that are controlling us now have their way, in order to cull the population there will be demands to prevent women from having babies, and all women will be sterilised to prevent this from happening. Only women who have passed a rigorous health screening will be allowed to produce fit healthy youngsters.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 11:05 AM

The deforestation around the world is mainly due to the supply of 'Timber' Muddy. Every house has timber in it, in some countries the houses are built entirely of timber. The demand for timber far outstrips the supply, and that's where the money lies for the land owners, cattle are too much trouble and expensive to keep.

Page 22 of 51 « First < 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top