Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2021, 02:36 AM

Another afternoon out

It was a lovely day yesterday so we headed out to visit the coastal town of Portishead.

Just outside the town, the Severn estuary, looking upstream towards the old and new bridges.

Let's go fly a kite.

Battery Point, with the second Severn Crossing in the background.

A long shot.

Denny Island.

Well I'll take a boat out.

The promenade, looking downstream towards the Atlantic.

A small piece of driftwood.

Looking upstream.

Battery Point closeup.

Looking towards the town.

A nice house.

Local wildlife.

Here be Dragons.

A Seagull and friends.

summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2021, 05:59 AM

Re: Another afternoon out

Great pics...everything is so big where you live...so much sky
peripheral
GB
peripheral is male  peripheral has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2021, 10:24 AM

Very interesting pics Phil. I once took a photo of a jet plane like yours and added a large speech balloon to the pic with the words, "Are you sure you remembered to turn the gas off George?" I often add humorous captions to my photos. I must introduce Joey and Jack one day.
Thanks again for the great views. Peri.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2021, 10:40 AM

A fantastic array of photos, Fruitcake, thank you for sharing them. Looks like a wonderful afternoon out.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2021, 10:43 AM

Looks familiar. Used to go swimming in the Severn, playing in the mud, as a kid.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2021, 10:49 AM

Interesting photos Fruitcake, a good afternoon out...
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2021, 11:01 AM

Thanks all. We are so lucky to live in such a lovely part of the country, and have access to so much beauty.
I didn't spot the seagull until after I uploaded the photo' onto my lappy.

If you look carefully a the pic of the live birds you can just make out one of the geese is having a hissy fit with a crow.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2021, 11:25 AM

Nice afternoon out Fruitcake. Good weather too. It's a long time since we visited the coast. Your photos have made me think it's time to head off there.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera

27-05-2021, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
Nice afternoon out Fruitcake. Good weather too. It's a long time since we visited the coast. Your photos have made me think it's time to head off there.
Parking is free at Portishead, and I think Clevedon sea fronts, but not sure about other car parks. It's council paid parking at Weston sea front. I'm not sure about Burnham and all points south west. We haven't been issued with our visas yet to go that far down.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2021, 04:50 PM

Lovely selection of photo's, Fruitcake.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top