Join for free
Page 12 of 17 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 07:50 PM

Re: Cats and Idiots.

I have just had words with my neighbour over watering my garden .
He says watering my garden is rotting his fence . ( the fence that he put up over my land while I was abroad )
It’s now going green and despite the fact that it’s has been raining practically all winter and summer it’s my watering he says is rotting his fence .
He says he will tear it down . I sai if you do and damage my plants I will prosecute .
He a nasty little man with all the worse little man syndrome .
I hate the little twerp but if I report this to my solicitor it will affect me if I want to sell .
I shall of course continue to water my garden his fence can rot completely for all I care .
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
He says watering my garden is rotting his fence . ( the fence that he put up over my land while I was abroad )
It’s now going green and despite the fact that it’s has been raining practically all winter and summer it’s my watering he says is rotting his fence .
He says he will tear it down . I sai if you do and damage my plants I will prosecute .
I hate the little twerp but if I report this to my solicitor it will affect me if I want to sell .
I shall of course continue to water my garden his fence can rot completely for all I care .

That’s ridiculous...only if something was up against a fence like grass, soil, constantly, then it will rot after a while.
Because it can’t breath.
I water my garden a lot, including the fence....no disrespect to him, but he doesn’t sound all there.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
As for the cats - have you seen this:-
Or Max!
Actually, Max and the cats just observe each other on the fence.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
A human being yes, because “ they know” they shouldn’t be there in the first place.
Even then I believe you can still be liable from what I’ve read online. if they hurt themselves.

A cat knows no difference, they don’t understand, therefore could get extremely tangled in that razor wire, it makes me cringe just thinking about the serious damage it could do.
Yes, the good old CPS (Criminals' Protection Service) would certainly do all they can to prosecute YOU!

I agree about the cats, though.
Cats know no better. They don't poo on your garden to be nasty; they do it because... well, for the same reason you do it (although presumably you don't do it in your garden).

A safer and more humanitarian option would be one of these:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Defenders-J...46573584&psc=1

We have used them and they work.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

You keep Bedlington's.

A category two for problems.

https://www.pdsa.org.uk/taking-care-...ington-terrier

A real dog lover would not put their dogs at such risk of problems.

What are you on about?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 11:17 PM

Some people are so annoying. They are such trouble makers. I'm sure they could find trouble if they lived alone on a desert Island.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
What are you on about?

I asked him the same.

Perhaps you will get a reply, because i didnt.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

14-07-2021, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I asked him the same.

Perhaps you will get a reply, because i didnt.
I doubt it.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 02:03 AM

How old is this fence Muddy?

As you know, wood rotting is a process of biological decay. The chemicals inherent within the timber will be a major factor in the rate of the decay, as will the usage of man made preservatives. Water alone will not rot timber. If it was as simple a process as he thinks it is, then he might want to explain why the Mary Rose's timber didn't totally disappear during it's 500 years being submerged under the sea.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 09:45 AM

Hi

The cats are still causing problems, just now stalking my bird feeders.

Time for pressure sensitive high pressure water sprays.

A remarkable lack of idiots however.

Humans that is.

Page 12 of 17 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top