Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 09:10 AM

Re: Rant alert - re Lockdown!

I enjoy talking to people on the phone and get quite upset when my brother limits me to just 10 minutes. Older sister and I can chat for over an hour, and often have to ring off just before the 60 minutes and redial. Allotment friend usually repeats things she’s told me earlier, normally about her neighbour, who I don’t know. But in all, I welcome those who ring for a good natter. Spose it comes with living alone and just having the dog to talk to.
Petra
Essex
Petra is female  Petra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 09:57 AM

I've lied to so many people. I've told them I can't get my 'face time'. to work: why, you may ask. Because when they get to the stage where they are talking about the price of eggs in Tescos, I'm off to to something, anything. I can actually wash up 'silently' Hoovering is a bit of a challenge. 😂
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 09:59 AM

My phone is my friend , I'm grateful to hear another voice even if she repeats it over and over. Busy I'm not I'm usually sat on my bottom or lying in bed apart from a bit of housework food prep or a walk im sat sitting or lying reading or watching TV, I dont know what busy is nowadays.

Phone me anytime people
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 10:05 AM

ST there was an item on the radio the other day about 'reaching out to the elderly who may be lonely with a phone call'

errrr...nice thought but there are some of us elderly who live alone and are not lonely so thank you but no thank you .

What most people fail to appreciate is when you live alone there is only one person to answer the phone and they could be in the shower/loo/eating a meal and it may not be convenient to answer the phone.

I now don't answer the house phone, there is an automatic answer phone that I can check and family can text me on my none smart phone which I don't answer either .
Petra
Essex
Petra is female  Petra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 10:26 AM

Susan. I could put you in touch with a friend, who, if talking on the telephone were an Olympic sport would win gold medal ever time. She can do 3 hours without breaking a sweat. I've been known to do the "your breaking up" thing many times and even then she will carry on talking ��
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 10:27 AM

It’s when your friends don’t ring you that you should worry!

I feel ever so sorry for the woman with the cat. She sounds so lonely and all she has is her cat to talk to.
In a different time she might be quite interesting but at the moment, what else does she have to talk about if she never leaves the house?

ST, give her my number and l will chat to her!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 10:41 AM

I never use my landline phone either, just my mobile. I still get spam calls on that, but never answer a withheld number.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 10:56 AM

Ive got mum to skype now and each Sunday morning we skype for anything up to two hours.

Normally I have to hear the same moans about her taxi service to dialysis and the unti or the nurse each week but she has no one else. Someone does her shopping once a week and my brother might as well be a plank for all the use he is..

If mum has any worries or questions I look them up for her , find phone numbers or send an email for her while we skype.
I have caller ID on my landline so I can filter calls if I want.

But I am the named in case of emergancy for one of the ladies I used to work for as a home carer, I knew her husband before he died and when I went to work for her we became good friends so I still do her shopping take her to appointments etc. I also look after an 88 yr old French man get his heavy shopping, sort out paperwork and appointments for him. So Im kept busy with them I dont need neighbours chiming in..

As for long lost relatives ... they can stay lost for all I care.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 11:29 AM

When YS was visiting yesterday lunch time (before her drama of that evening), she was talking about someone who needs to be around others and stated she was perfectly happy on her own indoors, in her own little world. I replied I was too, as long as I had the telly, books, and the dog, but silently added the phone too. She is not a good phone talker, but I will often phone a sibling or friend if I crave a chat.

In fact I hope to talk to older sis shortly, to tell her in full what happened to Y sis last night. No doubt we will still be on phone an hour later, provided she has no other plans.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Petra ->
Susan. I could put you in touch with a friend, who, if talking on the telephone were an Olympic sport would win gold medal ever time. She can do 3 hours without breaking a sweat. I've been known to do the "your breaking up" thing many times and even then she will carry on talking ��
Oh Petra that made me laugh here is a true story ( I've got many )

I had a friend J who could talk.about herself forever especially while on the phone , she would call at least twice a week and often go over the hour ( I wasnt paying ) I'd read a book or play on the internet or put the phone down and answer a text and she still never took breath . One day my batteries completely died and in the middle of her talking and repeating and self indulging the phone died ....... I went into the kitchen found a knife to open the phone up and flicked out the batteries which dropped on the floor, rummaged around in an over filled drawer for the correct size and colour batteries, pushed them into the phone, managed to clip the phone back onto the phone , flipped through the names scrolling down to ring her back

Guess what , the blinking woman was still talking ...she didnt even know I'd been gone for a good 5 minutes, I just put the phone on the cushion and let her drone on .

Not long after she moved on from me and dropped me like a hot penny for whatever reason I dont know and boy was I glad

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top