Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2016, 06:56 PM

Re: Car parks

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
As a councillor, I spent a fair bit of my time reining-in over-enthusiastic staff bureaucrats.

Some seemed to think that officiousness and by-the-book enforcement was a great career-move.
I usually succeeded in disavowing them of that notion

'Common sense' is actually not all that common.
Yes, councils seem an attractive option to those seeking the position of petty official.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2016, 09:29 PM

I just never get all the ill feeling toward 4x4 drivers quite frankly. I used them for over 10 years. Many are nice to drive, you're high up with a good view of the road ahead, and you don't get stuck in the snow!

The fault lies with the morons who design car parks with stupidly small spaces, and those who can't park their cars in the bays properly if their life depended on it!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2016, 10:43 PM

It's not that I dislike 4x4s, it's just that I couldn't afford to run one.

If I was a builder or other tradesman, I'd buy a Transit van...

a white one, of course!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2016, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
I just never get all the ill feeling toward 4x4 drivers quite frankly. I used them for over 10 years. Many are nice to drive, you're high up with a good view of the road ahead, and you don't get stuck in the snow!

The fault lies with the morons who design car parks with stupidly small spaces, and those who can't park their cars in the bays properly if their life depended on it!

Fair comments Fender.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top