Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 04:11 PM

Re: The 2 second thort ;

I tawt I taw a puddy tat a-creeping up on me
I did, I taw a puddy tat as plain as he could be
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I think it would depend on what it was that fell, also on the state of my kitchen floor, with all the mud on a farm it can and does get a bit mucky at times. The dog would not touch it, he spent 4 years going through all the classes at the obedience and he doesn't touch anything unless he's told "take it". If I say "leave it" he backs off. If it were something that could be saved, then I'd certainly do that.
Plus I’ll steal this off Rox.
It depends on other stuff
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 04:15 PM

Sorry Art, because we have always had dogs, who mooch around the kitchen whenever there is food being cooked, if I ever accidently drop any on the floor, it is destined for the bin before the little beggars get hold of it. (previously two hoover labradors before these two).
It's not that I don't mop my kitchen floor and it always looks clean, it's just the thought of what is on the bottom of my boy's paws that they may have picked up from the garden.
I'm the fussiest woman in the world when it comes to food hygiene and I just couldn't do it. (Not that I blame anyone else who does!) it's just a "me" thing.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
You’re supposed to be quietly in pain
Not out having all kinds of fun
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 04:19 PM

I suppose it depends what it is. If it was expensive then I might wash it or wipe it but if it was salad related then I would chuck it in the bin where it belongs.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I fort I saw a pussy cat, a creeping up on me.......

Sorry I couldn't resist.

It only takes two seconds to loose control of your car! That is an important thought.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Maddy ->
We all have done it -so be honest here ' dropped the meat from the oven -or cakes- or Yorkshire pud on the floor in the kitchen - 2 seconds saids shall I put it back in the dish or throw it ' I admit I have done it few times - and put it back on the plate /dish if it looks clean

well ???
i would bin it,as I have 2 dogs,and who knows what they have trodden in,on their walk.....
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
You’re supposed to be quietly in pain
Not out having all kinds of fun

Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 04:57 PM

Apologies if I have told this before, but it's one of my favorites:

It was Thanksgiving and away from home while our husbands finished Navy flight school, we decided to save expenses and have a big potluck dinner. My friend Audrey wanted to bake the turkey.

Thanksgiving morning, she called crying hysterically ,saying that she must have purchased Tom turkey and the wasn't going to be enough meat to feed everyone. "How do you know it's a Tom?" I asked.

She sobbed, "because it's so skinny and bony!" Confused and suppressing laughter, I told her that I would be right over...

At her home, I was led down the long hall that led straight to the kitchen. Opening the oven, she burst into tears again at the sight of the bird. Squinting through the heat, I could see, sure enough, that bones projected forward where tender breast meat should have been . Pulling out the rack, I realized immediately what the problem was and exclaimed that the turkey was in the pan upside-down.

Relieved, we knew that all we had to do was turn it over, but when we did so, it slipped, taking magnificent bump on the oven door, before it hit the tile floor, slid all the way across the kitchen and another good fifteen feet down the hall where it finally came to rest against the front door - but not before taking one last triumphant ricochet.

Shocked, we stood there in frozen silence for a few seconds before I burst out laughing and Audrey burst into tears again.

Immediately, I concocted a plan and swore her to secrecy. We hoisted the turkey (not easy, mind you, the think was as slippery as a basket of eeels) back in the pan...took it into the bathroom...and then proceed to give the thing a good a good, hot bath.

After a few minutes of scrubbing, we returned the bird, breast-side up to the oven, none the worse for wear.

Three house later, as twenty of us gathered around our the table, dining on the perfectly roasted bird, imagine the look I gave Audrey when one of the pilots, with several heads nodding in agreement announced, "This is the moistest, most tender turkey I have ever eaten!"

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top